If your child was born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010, they are due to start school in September 2014. The deadline for applying for a school place was 12pm (midday) on 15 January 2014.
You can still apply after this date but it will be considered a late application. The timetable below provides details of how this will affect your application.
There is NO automatic entry from a nursery into a school, and there is NO automatic offer of a sibling place (a place for a brother or sister). Parents of children transferring from an infant to junior school must also apply for a school place.
You can apply online for a primary school using a paper application form paper application form 98kb
New Primary Academies opening in Trowbridge and Tidworth in September 2014
If you want to apply for any of the new schools opening in September 2014, please select the following as one of your preferences:
- Trowbridge: Castle Mead Primary School (Due to open in East Trowbridge from September 2014)
- Tidworth: New school for NEQ Tidworth (Due to open in September 2014)
|1 September 2013||
|15 January 2014||
|January - April 2014||
|16 April 2014||
|30 April 2014|
|From 13 June 2014||
|31 August 2014||
|22 July 2015||
- It is the responsiblity of the parents/ carers to apply for a school place.
- You can apply for up to three schools, putting the school you want the most as your first preference. We strongly advise you to use all three preferences.
- We advise you to enter your catchment area school as one of your preferences so that there is more chance of your child being offered a place at one of your chosen schools.
- Some primary schools in Wiltshire operate as a single school but have two geographical bases. These are known as split site schools. For admission purposes, these sites are treated as separate schools so on your application you should name the site which you are applying for.
- If you live in Wiltshire and want to apply for a school place outside the county, you must still make your application to Wiltshire Council. We will pass on your application details to the relevant council where it will be considered alongside the other applications for that school.
- If you do not live in Wiltshire and want to apply for a Wiltshire school, you must make an application to your own local authority. They will then pass on your application details to us. You will not be able to use the Wiltshire online application system or Wiltshire's common paper application form. The only exception to this would be applications from children of UK service personnel.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your application. If you do not receive acknowledgement within 15 school days of returning your completed application, please contact customer services at Wiltshire Council on 01225 713010.
Last updated: 12 March 2014