Welcome to the Special Educational Needs (SEN) webpages
These pages offer guidance and information about Special Educational Needs (SEN) in Wiltshire for children, parents and carers, schools and education professionals. You can find news and updates about SEN developments in Wiltshire on the SEN news page.
For general information on SEN in Wiltshire, including information about provision, transport and the statementing process, go to information for parents/carers.
To find out more about support and information available to schools, including the Primary SENCO network and news about the SEN Strategy, go to information for schools/ education professionals.
For details of support services available to schools to help children with SEN, go to Support Services.
For information on funding, go to finance.
The ‘related documents menu’ below gives you access to documents relating to SEN in Wiltshire. If you are a school/educational professional, you will find additional documents stored in Wisenet, under Pupil Support.
- Annual Review Documents
- Directory of SEN publications
- SEN Strategy for Wiltshire
- Secondary Enhanced Learning Provision Guidance Secondary Enhanced Learning Provision Guidance 475kb
- SEN Self Evaluation Tool
- Download SEN Entitlement SEN Entitlement 698kb
- Transition Guidance
- Wiltshire IPD
- WESFORD 1 - Wiltshire early screening for dyslexia Wesford 1 - 2nd edition (Dyslexia resource) 4mb
- WESFORD 2 - Wiltshire early screening for dyslexia Wesford 2 - 1st edition (Dyslexia resource) 5mb
- Inclusion development programme guidance document Inclusion development programme guidance document 352kb
For information about the care and support available to vulnerable children (including those with a disability and/or SEN) and their families, go to Health and Social Care - children, young people and families.
The ‘related links’ menu below will give you quick access to other SEN related websites.
If you are a young person aged 13-25, looking for local information and activities and a chance to share your views - visit Sparksite.
For a wide range of local information about services (including SEN) for children, follow the link to the Findit Directory, at ask.
For general SEN information and contacts follow the link to teachernet.
For the latest information on national SEN developments, follow the link to Directgov.
To get involved with the parent and carers council, and find out how you can have a say in services for children and young people with a disability/ learning difficulty, go to Wiltshire Parent Carers Council.
See 'The Key' page for information about 'The Key', Wiltshire's database of children and young people with a disability/ special educational need.
Further useful links are:
- Children & Young Peoples' Services Partnership at Wiltshire Pathways
- Resolving Disagreement through Wessex Mediation
- Parent Partnership Service
- Special Educational Needs Code of Practice
These are external/partnership sites which you may find useful. Wiltshire Council is not responsible for their content.
Last updated: 31 July 2013