If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Special educational needs

Please tell us what you think about our website, we welcome your feedback.

Welcome to the Special Educational Needs (SEN) webpages

These pages offer guidance and information about Special Educational Needs (SEN) in Wiltshire for children, parents and carers, schools and education professionals. You can find news and updates about SEN developments in Wiltshire on the SEN news page.

For general information on SEN in Wiltshire, including information about provision, transport and the statementing process, go to information for parents/carers.

To find out more about support and information available to schools, including the Primary SENCO network and news about the SEN Strategy, go to information for schools/ education professionals.

For details of support services available to schools to help children with SEN, go to Support Services.

For information on funding, go to finance.

Related documents

The ‘related documents menu’ below gives you access to documents relating to SEN in Wiltshire. If you are a school/educational professional, you will find additional documents stored in Wisenet, under Pupil Support.

Related pages

For information about the care and support available to vulnerable children (including those with a disability and/or SEN) and their families, go to Health and Social Care - children, young people and families.

Related links

The ‘related links’ menu below will give you quick access to other SEN related websites.

If you are a young person aged 13-25, looking for local information and activities and a chance to share your views - visit Sparksite.

For a wide range of local information about services (including SEN) for children, follow the link to the Findit Directory, at ask.

For general SEN information and contacts follow the link to teachernet.

For the latest information on national SEN developments, follow the link to Directgov.

To get involved with the parent and carers council, and find out how you can have a say in services for children and young people with a disability/ learning difficulty, go to Wiltshire Parent Carers Council.

See 'The Key' page for information about 'The Key', Wiltshire's database of children and young people with a disability/ special educational need.

Further useful links are:

These are external/partnership sites which you may find useful. Wiltshire Council is not responsible for their content.

Contact Details (LiveLink)

Multiple Contacts:
eMail: centralsenservices@wiltshire.gov.uk
Telephone: 01225 718095
Out of hours:
Postal Address:

Central SEN Services
Wiltshire Council
Children & Education Department
BA14 8JN

In Person:

Last updated: 31 July 2013



This website

Contact details

Contact Wiltshire Council

Choose your address - step one

To view contact details for this service, first, enter your postcode.

Choose your address

I live outside Wiltshire

Call us

Tel: 01225 718095

Write to us

Central SEN Services
Wiltshire Council
Children & Education Department
BA14 8JN