Business as usual for Household Waste Recycling Centres in Wiltshire
Wiltshire's Household Waste Recycling Centres (HRCs) will remain open as the country goes into a second lockdown to help stop the spread of Coronavirus. People should continue to use the online booking system to book a slot, and maintain social distancing at all times when on site.
All kerbside waste and recycling collections will also continue as usual.
Councillor Bridget Wayman, Cabinet Member for Waste, said:
We are pleased that the government has confirmed that ahead of this lockdown, the national guidance defines waste services as essential, which means that our Household Recycling Centres can remain open.
Our kerbside waste and recycling collections will also continue as usual."
We've put in place a booking system for HRCs which has been operating well for some time now, and this supports social distancing measures to ensure each of our sites is able to operate safely, so we are confident we will be able to continue offering this service for Wiltshire residents as the country enters into the next lockdown period.
Slots are available to book seven days in advance for all of our HRCs and can be booked online at Wiltshire.gov.uk/household-recycling-centres-book.
Visiting a Household Waste Recycling Centre:
· Do not visit an HRC if you have COVID-19 symptoms
· Please visit at the time you have booked and do not arrive beforehand.
· Make sure that you bring your proof of Wiltshire address (a driving licence, council tax bill or utility bill - a printed or electronic version is fine).
· Site staff will check registration plates upon arrival - people will need to arrive in the vehicle specified in the booking;
· Anyone turning up without a confirmed booking will not be allowed entry to the site;
· People wishing to cancel or amend a booking can do so via the link received on their confirmation email. This link enables residents to either cancel a booking or reschedule it to another available date and time.
· Only bring to site what you can safely unload yourself. Site staff need to social distance so cannot help you to unload your waste and recycling.
· Due to social distancing measures, site staff will be unable to provide any assistance with unloading material or carrying material. Residents are asked to bring only the amount of waste they can comfortably carry and empty into containers
· Everyone must observe social distancing and keep at least a two-metre distance from others at all times.
· Wash your hands before you leave home and after your visit.