Health and wellbeing
We are committed to enabling all people of Wiltshire, including the military community, to lead healthy, active, high quality lives. We work with the community to achieve this.
If you are looking for a new activity or want to join a local club, visit Active Wiltshire for details of events and facilities in your area.
- Find a GP - NHS
- Find a dentist- NHS
- Screening programmes- Wiltshire Council advice
- Sexual health- Wiltshire Council advice
- Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire Integrated Care Board - for information about local health care services
- Fostering- could you provide a safe, secure, nurturing home where children and young people's needs are met?
- Homestart - for information on help and support for families with young children in their homes
- Wiltshire Parent Carer Council: Support for families, parents and carers - Children’s Centres - improving local services for children and young people with special educational needs and / or disabilities
- Childcare Directory - to find Ofsted registered childcare in Wiltshire
- Children's centres - places where parents with children aged 0-5 can share the challenges and joys of parenthood
- Your Care Your Support - Veterans - health advice for veterans in Wiltshire
- SSAFA Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen's Families Association (SSAFA) military charity
- Army Health and Wellbeing - The Army offers healthcare support and services to soldiers and their dependants whether they are based in the UK or overseas
- Army Welfare Support- Welfare, legal, youth and community support
- Army HIVES - an information network for all members of the service community
If you need advice and support or practical help as serving personnel or as a veteran, find out more about other organisations that can offer help at Useful links for the service community.
- Wiltshire Council leisure, sports, and health and wellbeing centres
- Active Wiltshire - for new activities sports clubs or other opportunities
- Get Wiltshire walking, running and cycling- for a range of regular group walks and cycle routes and running groups
- Activities for young people - working alongside local, regional and national partners, the sports development team and leisure centres help young people to get involved with sport in a fun and safe environment
- Visit Wiltshire - for suggestions of places to visit and what's on
- Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty including country parks, open spaces, rivers and canals
- Rights of way - information regarding rights of way routes
- Countryside volunteers - Wiltshire Council aims to protect and conserve Wiltshire's countryside heritage and provide facilities, access and opportunities for people to enjoy it