eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines
On 15 March 2021, we moved from RBdigital to OverDrive and the Libby app. For more information about the move, visit our eBook, eAudiobooks and eMagazine FAQs.
Wiltshire library members can checkout eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines by logging in to the Libby app and website with a valid library card number and PIN.
Not yet a member? You can join the library online.
If you need a PIN reminder, visit the Library catalogue and select Forgot PIN? at the bottom of the Login box.
To read our eBooks and eMagazines and listen to our eAudiobooks on tablets and smart phones, you need:
- The Libby app (Amazon Kindle Fire tablet users will need to download the OverDrive app)
- A Wiltshire library card number and PIN
To read our eBooks on your eReader, you need:
- An Internet-connected computer
- A Wiltshire library card number and PIN (login to libbyapp.com)
- Adobe Digital Editions for Mac or PC
- Borrow up to 10 eBooks and eAudiobooks at a time for free
- They can be borrowed for up to 21 days and can be returned early
- They will automatically expire at the end of the loan period so no need to worry about overdue charges
- Reserve up to 3 titles at a time for free
- Unfortunately, this service is not available on Amazon Kindle eReaders, except the Kindle Fire tablet
- The text in eBooks can be enlarged on most devices so all titles can be read in large print
- Checkout as many eMagazines as you wish for free
- They can be borrowed for up to 21 days and will automatically expire at the end of this loan period. You will have the option to renew the magazine within 3 days of the end of the loan period
If you aren't able to use Libby or libbyapp.com, you can use the original OverDrive app or the Wiltshire OverDrive Website to borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines from your library instead. These alternatives have the same content as Libby, but offer slightly different features and device compatibility.