eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines
Wiltshire library members can checkout eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines by logging in to the Libby app and website with a valid library card number and PIN.
Not yet a member? Find out how to join by visiting the Join the library page.
If you need a PIN reminder, visit the library catalogue and select Forgot PIN? at the bottom of the Login box.
To read our eBooks and eMagazines and listen to our eAudiobooks on tablets and smart phones, you need:
- The Libby app (Amazon Kindle Fire tablet users will need to download the OverDrive app or download Libby manually)
- A Wiltshire library card number and PIN
To read our eBooks on your eReader, you need:
- An Internet-connected computer
- A Wiltshire library card number and PIN (login to libbyapp.com)
- Adobe Digital Editions for Mac or PC
If you have any questions about the service try our eBook, eAudiobooks and eMagazine FAQs, watch the videos in our Wiltshire Libraries online resources playlist on YouTube or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Borrow up to 10 eBooks and eAudiobooks at a time for free
- They can be borrowed for up to 21 days and can be returned early
- They will automatically expire at the end of the loan period, so no need to worry about overdue charges
- Reserve up to 3 titles at a time for free
- Unfortunately, this service is not available on Amazon Kindle eReaders, except the Kindle Fire tablet
- The text in eBooks can be enlarged on most devices so all titles can be read in large print
- Checkout as many eMagazines as you wish for free
- They can be borrowed for up to 21 days and will automatically expire at the end of this loan period. You will have the option to renew the magazine within 3 days of the end of the loan period
If you aren't able to use Libby or libbyapp.com, you can use the original OverDrive app or the Wiltshire OverDrive Website to borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines from your library instead. These alternatives have the same content as Libby, but offer slightly different features and device compatibility.
From 23 February 2022, it will no longer be possible to download the original OverDrive app from the Apple App Store, Google Play and Microsoft Store. Existing users will be able to continue using the app until early 2023.
The original OverDrive app will still be available for download from the Amazon App Store until further notice, as the Libby app is not yet available on the Amazon App Store. Kindle Fire tablet users can download Libby manually.