Contact Housing Solutions

The Housing Solutions service is for people in housing need including the homeless. (!) We can provide advice and information on notices from landlords and mortgage lenders, possession proceedings, rent arrears, mortgage areas, whether someone is entitled to join the Housing Register and other housing issues. We will work with you to improve your housing circumstances or, if your home is at risk, help you avoid homelessness, where necessary helping you find somewhere else to live. The Housing Register is the council's list of people in housing need who are able to express an interest in affordable homes advertised on the council's choice-based lettings website Homes4Wiltshire. Demand for social rented housing significantly outstrips supply with over 200% more people on the Housing Register than 5 years ago and we always explore other housing options with people.

We can provide advice and information on dealing with Notices, possession proceedings, rent arrears, mortgage arrears and other common problems.

We will work with you to try and prevent your homelessness and where necessary help you find somewhere else to live.

If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness

Our service is a telephone and email service. Our telephone service is open from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, closed Wednesday, 9am to 2pm.

  • 0300 456 0106

You can also email Housing Solutions at Please tell us about your situation and leave a phone number to contact you on.

For professionals who are making a Duty to Refer referral, please use our Public body e-referral form.


If you have a Housing emergency and the office is closed, contact the Emergency Duty Service on 0300 456 0100.

Other enquiries

Rough Sleeping

If you are rough sleeping call your local Housing Solutions service, or email Housing Solutions at .

To advise us of a person rough sleeping, email the rough sleeper team or use StreetLink.

Please include details such as where and when the person was seen and a brief description to help us find them. We have a specialist team to support rough sleepers.

Wiltshire Council tenants

Call 0300 456 0117 for advice on areas such as rent payments and arrears, repairs, anti-social behaviour, renting a garage, transfers and buying your home. For more information go to Council housing.

Concerns about a child

If you have concerns about a child, call the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 0300 456 0108.

Concerns about a vulnerable adult

If you have concerns about a vulnerable adult, call the Advice and Contact team on 0300 456 0111 or email