Calne Community Campus
We cater for a range of activities in our sports hall, some of which can booked online, or speak to the team about a regular booking.
Our Active Health programme is available for those people referred into physical activity by a health professional. Find out more online.
Children can access swimming lessons to help them learn to swim from an early age and develop the skills and confidence to enjoy time in the water. We also offer a range of birthday parties and we'd love to host your child's special day.
Young people are welcome in our gym from the age of 12. Once a junior induction has been completed young people aged 12 to 14 years can use the cardiovascular equipment. Young people aged 14 to 15 years can use resistance machines after a further induction at no extra cost. Junior gym can only be accessed during the supervised sessions for 12 to 15 year olds unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 17 years or over. From the age of 16 young people can complete an induction to use the dual action pulley and free weights. This is charged at the standard rate. Discounts are available to young people in full time education. Ask in the centre or pick up a discounts and savings leaflet for more information.
Specific junior times are available as follows:
|Monday||4pm - 4.45pm|
|Tuesday||4pm - 4.45pm|
|Saturday||9am - 11am|
12- 15 year olds can access the gym during these times, or anytime if accompanied by a parent / guardian who has had a gym induction.
All staff who supervise or coach children are police checked or have provided a satisfactory CRB disclosure, they are also trained to recognise signs of child abuse. The team will investigate changes in children's behaviour and in accordance with the Children's Act and local authority guidelines, liaise with outside agencies if abuse of any kind is suspected. We welcome children who are on the social services "at risk register" and provide support.
- You must fill in registration documents before leaving your child.
- You must sign children in before leaving and then sign them out when collected.
- If you go over your time, an additional cost will be added to your next booking
- Payment must be made on the day.
- Please give 24 hours notice of cancellation.
- You must leave an emergency number and contact name.
- If a child is unwell or appears to have an infection the supervisor will inform you that the child cannot be accepted.
- Medication can only be administered with full written consent from you.