Toggle menu


We are currently investigating technical issues on this website. Thanks for your patience.

Wiltshire Council Shared Ownership

Will I need legal advice?

Yes. Your legal responsibilities when buying a shared ownership home are no different to buying a home outright. It is advisable to appoint a solicitor to act on your behalf, who can deal with the conveyancing process (the legal transfer of the title to you). They are also needed to help you understand the terms of your lease and deal with the Council's legal team. You may find a solicitor via the links on the Help to Buy agent's website: (opens new window).

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email