Toggle menu


We are currently investigating technical issues on this website. Thanks for your patience.

Wiltshire Council Shared Ownership

How do I sell my home?

There may come a time when you want to move on. If you are able to staircase to 100% and acquire the freehold to your home, you can put it up for sale yourself although the Council may have the right to buy it back at a price determined by an independent valuation. This is known as 'first refusal' and is valid for 21 years after you fully own your home. If you own a share in your home, we have the right to try find a buyer for it. If we cannot find a buyer within a stated number of weeks you will be able to advertise the home to the open market.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email