Toggle menu

Leaving the Armed Forces

How to get the help you need

If you are leaving the armed forces or have previously served there are a range of issues you will need to consider.

The Army Welfare Service and the MOD commissioned Career Transition Partnership will help you through the discharge process and can help you with issues such as registering with a local GP, finding appropriate schools for your children and with wider wellbeing needs.

One of the most critical issues to consider is housing. Wiltshire Council offer a housing options and advice service and if you have received your discharge notice it is important you make contact with them as soon as possible so that you can consider your options. If you left the armed forces some time ago the housing options and advice service are also able to help with any housing issues that you face.

Housing Options Advice

Wiltshire Council provide advice through the housing options team and work with Army Welfare Officers to share information and advice, including offering a drop in session once a month at Tedworth House for those leaving the forces.

As soon as you receive your discharge notice please make contact with Wiltshire Council Housing Options.

We offer drop in surgeries which operate in all of our hubs (Chippenham, Trowbridge and Salisbury) from 8.30am until 5.30pm each week day. Alternatively, you can contact us by phone on 0300 456 0100 or by email atĀ  (opens new window).

We also have a housing wizard for individuals to navigate through their own options online and download information and advice. This can be found at (opens new window) then click on the "Housing Options" icon.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email