Children and families commissioning
Here in Wiltshire our team are responsible for commissioning a range of services for children, young people, and families. These range from early help, to support for looked after children, and include:
- Children's Centres
- Family Group Conferences
- Independent Fostering Services
- Residential Children's Homes
- Independent Special Schools
- Supported Accommodation
- SENDIASS Information, Advice and Support Services
- Homecare services
We are also responsible for making sure there are enough early years education places across Wiltshire, and enough placements available for looked after children.
We work very closely with families, local organisations, colleagues across education, health and care services, other local authorities, and many others to make sure we design services that will meet the needs of the local population, and we are always looking for continuous improvement.
Here you will find details of some of our related documents including:
- Placement Sufficiency and Market Development Strategy - our strategy to ensure we have enough placements for children and young people when they need them
- Early Years Sufficiency Report - our report details the current levels of sufficiency in the childcare market across Wiltshire and what we are doing to make sure we maintain sufficiency for families and children
- Regional South West Sufficiency project - this details the work we are doing with other local authorities across the South West to ensure we are providing sufficient provision for children and young people, and learning from and working with each other to improve outcomes for children
We always want to hear from you about how we can improve our services, so please get in touch with us if you have any comments or feedback. Our email address is CandFcommissioning@wiltshire.gov.uk.
Gary Binstead, Head of Commissioning