Toggle menu

Housing Benefit


Housing benefit can be claimed whether you are working or not, and may cover all or part of your rent. It is made available to people in specific circumstances whose needs can't be met via Universal Credit.

Housing benefit has been replaced by Universal Credit in Wiltshire, which is handled directly by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). However, where there are specific circumstances, housing benefit can still be claimed via your local council, as they are best placed to understand where these situations apply.

Making a claim, notifying us of changes, or providing evidence

When making a claim, notifying us of changes, or providing evidence, you must include your claim reference number or National Insurance number in your correspondence. Any email attachments should total less than 10mb in size.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email