Toggle menu

Housing Benefit

Extra help with rent - Discretionary Housing Payment

If housing benefit or the housing element of universal credit does not meet the full value of your rent, we may be able to award a Discretionary Housing Payment. You can only apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment if you receive housing benefit or the housing element of universal credit.

The Discretionary Housing Payments scheme has a limited amount of money each year, and is therefore only awarded to customers with special circumstances. To find out more about the Discretionary Housing Payment, see our  Discretionary Housing Payment Policy (OpenDocument text format) [30KB] (opens new window) .

If you want to apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment, you will need to complete our  Discretionary Housing Payment Application Form (OpenDocument text format) [42KB] (opens new window) . If you receive the housing element of universal credit, you will still need to complete the form.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email