Toggle menu

Council tax reduction (CTR)

Further information and other sources of support

Council tax discounts and exemptions

A full council tax bill assumes that there are at least two adults over 18 living in the property but, depending on your circumstances, you may qualify for a discount, or an exemption may apply to your property. Find out more: Council tax Discounts and exemptions.

The Local Welfare Provision

The Local Welfare Provision (LWP) scheme provides critical short-term help and assistance to support people in crisis. find out more: Help in a crisis.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a streamlined welfare system in England that provides financial support to individuals and families. It replaces various benefits and tax credits, including:

  • Child Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Working Tax Credit

Universal Credit is administered by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), find out more here: Universal Credit.

Housing benefit

Housing benefit has been replaced by Universal Credit in Wiltshire. However, where there are specific circumstances, housing benefit can still be claimed via your local council, as they are best placed to understand where these situations apply. Housing benefit can be claimed whether you are working or not, and may cover all or part of your rent. Find out more: Housing Benefit.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email