Arts funding and governance
Helpful resources to help your arts group or project get underway.
- Visit Get involved with arts for advice on how to promote your event.
- Visit enjoy and experience or Visit Wiltshire's What's On guide to discover arts and creative activity.
- Visit our arts service blog site, The Arts in Wiltshire blog, if you are within or are interested in the arts sector.
- For advice on funding for your project please call 07824414507.
- For information about current funding opportunities for the arts sector then visit the Funding page of The Arts in Wiltshire blog site.
- If your project is taking place in a particular community area then you could consider a grant from the Area boards community grants scheme and community youth grants.
The organisations below can provide a range of services to voluntary organisations and community groups, including advice, information and training that can assist with issues such as:
- Starting up a group or project
- Organisational development
- Recruiting volunteers
- Community First manages a number of community project grant schemes aimed at providing funding support for new projects, pump priming or for existing project development.
- With the aim of strengthening communities, growing communities and tackling disadvantage across Wiltshire and Swindon, Community First's team of professional staff provides technical advice, practical support and grant aid to promote local initiatives.
- Wiltshire Community Foundation provides funding for voluntary and community groups across Wiltshire and Swindon tackling social, economic or physical disadvantage.
- They also offer small grants to individuals to support vocational education and training, including scholarships and personal support grants.
- For further information, contact the grants team on 01380 729 284 or email@example.com.
- Your town or parish council will be interested to hear about your projects and may be able to contribute towards your scheme.
- If you are looking for financial help, the earlier you speak to your town or parish council the better.
- Voluntary Arts works with policy makers, funders and politicians to improve the environment for everyone participating in the arts, and provide information and training to those who participate in the voluntary arts sector. This includes over 300 national and regional umbrella bodies, and through them, their member groups of local voluntary arts practitioners.
- There are over 150 informative voluntary arts briefings on a number of topics from running your group, marketing, fundraising, how to write a successful funding application and much more - all designed to help promote and increase active participation in cultural activities.
Here are some quick links to funding bodies across the art forms, for more ideas visit Arts sector resources:
- Access to Government grants - for the voluntary and community sector
- Arts Council - for arts organisations and individuals
- National Lottery Community fund - a lottery funding programme
- Euclid (for European Funding)
- NCVO: Funding and income (The National Council for Voluntary Organisations) - database of funding opportunities and resources
- Heritage lottery fund
- British Film Institute - support for film
- Youth Music - a lottery funded programme
- Wiltshire and Swindon Funding Database