Arts sector resources
Links and useful information for the arts sector.
National Criminal Justice Arts Alliance - ensuring arts are used within the criminal justice system as a springboard for positive change.
- Arts Award
- Open College of the Arts
- National Society for Education in Art and Design
- RIO - Real Ideas Agency and arts Council's Bridge organisation for the South West.
- Schools and colleges
- Wiltshire council education and learning
- Wiltshire Music Connect
- Arts and education - Wiltshire Youth Arts Charter
- Youth Arts - local updates
- ArtCare Salisbury Hospital - an arts and health organisation delivering an arts programme at Salisbury Hospital, contributing to the healing process and well-being of patients.
- Arts & Health South West - an information, support and advocacy organisation for people who believe in the value of creativity in enhancing people's health and wellbeing.
- Department of Health and social care
- Adult care - Health and social care supporting healthy living in Wiltshire, adult care, family support.
- Healthwatch Wiltshire- a local independent service which exists to speak up for local people on health and care.
- Public health - working to improve the wellbeing and quality of life of Wiltshire's population.
- Your Care Your Support Wiltshire - a comprehensive database of Health and Social Care support services and clubs/societies for adults in Wiltshire.
- LinkUp Arts is a group of disabled artists and art lovers in Salisbury and the surrounding region who work together to support and promote the work of disabled artists and develop audiences for quality disability arts work. LinkUp Arts is based in Salisbury at the Salisbury Arts Centre.
- REACH Inclusive arts is an arts charity promoting inclusion for disabled people in artistic and cultural life. It delivers accessible projects in visual arts, performing arts, film and media, drama, music, movement and dance. REACH is based in Swindon.
Some useful places to search for jobs in arts and culture:
- The Arts in Wiltshire blog job opportunities- The Arts in Wiltshire blog site
- Arts Professional
- Arts Hub jobs
- Guardian Jobs
- The Stage jobs
- a-n (The Artists Information Company)
- Arts industry jobs
- Public Art Online Commissions
- Voluntary Arts Jobs
- Arts Council England Jobs
- Arts, Culture, Media Jobs
- University of Leicester Jobs Desk - Jobs Desk (Museums and Galleries)
- Create Gloucestershire
- Creative England - crew and services for film and TV
- National Trust Jobs
- ScreenSkills opportunities
- Music Jobs
If you'd like to host a professional arts performance in your village, find out more about Wiltshire's rural touring scheme from Pound Arts Centre.
- Making Music provides advice, support and resources for leisure-time music groups and musicians.
- Sound Sense is a development agency for community music.
- Wiltshire Music Connect is a music education hub for Wiltshire. It has a strategic overview of provision and providers across the county and provides support and resources to those who deliver music. It can also connect schools, community groups and anyone wanting to learn to providers all across Wiltshire, including former music service tutors now working on a freelance basis. Wiltshire Music Connect also provides training, support and subsidies for young musicians.
- Wiltshire Rural Music (WRM) is a charity based in Trowbridge committed to supporting communities through music across the county. They offer a range of different services including regular ensembles and opportunities for adults and young people, Bursaries, Instrument and Music Hire and more.
- Youth Music the National Foundation for Youth Music.
- Arts and Humanities Research Council
- Arts Council England
- British Arts Festivals Association
- British Film Institute
- Cabinet Office
- Chief Leisure Officers Association (CLOA)
- Creative Industries Federation
- Department for Media, Culture and Sport (DCMS)
- Local Government Association (local.gov.uk)
- Museums Association
- National Association of Youth Theatres (NAYT)
- National Campaign for the Arts (NCA)
- National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts (NESTA)
- National Foundation for Youth Music
- National Rural Touring Forum
There are hundreds of places to promote your event online and here are just some ideas for you in addition to the local media.
- try getting in touch with your Area boards they have their own community networks to promote events
- use Our Community Matters
- contact your local Town and parish council
- try the Visit Wiltshire tourism site that lists a range of events in Wiltshire and Swindon
- Wiltshire Magazine is sold across the county and is also online
- music events can be promoted through Wiltshire Music Connect
Rural Arts Wiltshire (RAW) is the rural touring scheme for the county providing local communities with professional arts performances in their villages. The funding from Wiltshire Council helps RAW to offer a selection of high quality arts events at no financial risk to the village. With the help of volunteer promoters in villages across the county, RAW offers a range of professional events and workshops including music, dance, puppetry, storytelling and children's theatre
If you are interested in hosting a professional arts performance in your village, whether it be in your village hall, school, pub, church or other venue, please contact The Pound Arts Trust on 01249 701628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit Pound Arts Centre to find out more and to view the current list of events.
Rural Arts Wiltshire is managed by The Pound Arts Trust and delivered in partnership with Wiltshire Council with additional funding from Arts Council England.
- Arts Award
- Arts Fundraising and Philanthropy
- Clore Leadership Programme
- Creative and Cultural Skills
- Directory of Social Change - charity training
- Independent Theatre Council (ITC)
- Institute of Fundraising
- Management Centre
- National Arts Fundraising School
- National Open College Network
- NPF workshops - bid writing
- The Centre for Strategy and Communication
- Voluntary Arts
- Community First - supports rural communities across Wiltshire and Swindon
- Wessex Community Action - supports voluntary and community sector in Wiltshire
- Charities Aid Foundation - support, advice, insight and expertise to charities
- Directory of Social Change - independent organisation helping voluntary and community organisations
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) - champions the voluntary sector and volunteering
- Voluntary Arts - development agency for the voluntary arts
- Funds Online - for the voluntary and community sector
- The Charity Commission - registers and regulates charities; provides online services and guidance to help charities run as effectively as possible
Intelligence Network - the one-stop-shop of key local data and publications