Coronavirus business support grants
Update 26 February
- The latest Local Restrictions Support Grant payments, for the period of 16 February 2021-31 March 2021, will be paid automatically to all businesses that have previously applied. If you have previously applied, please do not apply again as this will delay the process - all previous successful applicants will be paid automatically if they are eligible for this grant. If you have not already applied, please see the eligibility criteria and how to apply below.
- We are still assessing a large volume of Additional Restrictions Grant (also known as discretionary payments) applications. Please do not contact us about this, as our teams will be in contact with you if they have any queries regarding your application. The Additional Restrictions Grant is currently closed for new applications, but for more information about this grant, please see below.
- We held a live online business webinar on Wednesday 3 February. If you missed the webinar, you can watch it again on YouTube.
About the grant schemes
There are a number of different grant schemes operating.
Please take time to read through the information and FAQs before applying to ensure your application can be dealt with as quickly as possible.
Please only apply once for grant support via either the Local Restrictions Support Grant or Additional Restrictions Grant.
If you have applied since 5 November, please do not apply again. Multiple applications delay the assessment process.
If you applied for earlier schemes (before November), you will need to apply as each scheme has different criteria.
Sign up to our newsletter to find out about future funding opportunities as they are launched.
Local Restrictions Support Grant
The Local Restrictions Support Grant is only for businesses who have a business rate account, where your premises are closed by national restrictions.
- A list of these restrictions can be found on GOV.UK - Information on national restrictions
- You may not actually pay rates due to receiving rate relief - you will still be eligible as long as you have an account.
- This scheme makes different levels of grant depending on which tier Wiltshire is in. You will be notified of each amount as it is awarded and will need to let us know if your circumstances change.
- Please take a look at the to familiarise yourself with how this will operate.
If you believe the above applies to you, and you have not applied for this scheme before (since November 2020), please apply at Local Restrictions Support Grant
Additional Restrictions Support Grant
The Additional Restrictions Grant is for businesses without a business rate account, or for businesses who are affected, but not closed, by national restrictions.
The application window is now closed. Please sign up to our business newsletter to be notified about future rounds and future funding opportunities as they are launched.
Update on additional support
The Chancellor announced additional support for businesses during the national lockdown from 5 January 2021. Find our more at GOV.UK
The one-off grants (Closed Business Lockdown Payments) announced are for businesses who are eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant - businesses who have a rates account and their premises is closed by national restrictions.
If you have already applied, there is no need to apply again. If you have not already applied, please do so at Local Restrictions Support Grant. Businesses who have already applied will be paid automatically from 20 January 2021.
Pubs / Christmas Support Payment
Applicants operating as a pub who have been successful through the Local Restrictions Support Grant scheme have been contacted about the wet-led pubs Christmas Support Payment and further awards. Wet-led pubs may be eligible for the LRSG Closed grant as well.
If you operate a mix between a pub/restaurant/hotel model you may not have been contacted - please let us know.
If you are a pub who is yet to apply for a grant, please do so at Local Restrictions Support Grant. The deadline for Christmas Support Claims is 31 January
If you are yet to receive any further information please contact email@example.com
For support and advice, please contact Covid-19BusinessSupport@wiltshire.gov.uk.
We have received reports of people having difficulty applying using Internet Explorer. Please apply via another browser. If you are still having problems, please email us at Covid-19BusinessSupport@wiltshire.gov.uk.