Coronavirus business support grants
Latest update - Restart Grants
- Restart Grants support high street businesses, with grants worth up to £6,000 for non-essential retail businesses, and up to £18,000 for hospitality businesses such as personal care, pubs, leisure and hotels. As with previous grants, the amount a business can be awarded will depend on its rateable value.
- The new scheme is similar to the Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG). However, there are some differences in the eligibility criteria, and businesses that have been successfully awarded a LRSG in the past will have to provide some further information for a Restart Grant, as some of the evidence that the council needs to collect has changed.
- We have paid out more than £11m in Restart Grants to 1,520 businesses, making more than £156m paid so far to Wiltshire businesses during the pandemic.
- To see if you are eligible for a Restart Grant, please see our
- To ensure you receive the latest information about business grants, please Sign up to our newsletter.
About the grant schemes
There are a number of different grant schemes operating.
Please take time to read through the information and FAQs before applying to ensure your application can be dealt with as quickly as possible.
Sign up to our newsletter to find out about future funding opportunities as they are launched.
Discretionary Restrictions Support (ARG)
Wiltshire Council has awarded a further payment to businesses who are impacted by ongoing restrictions and would have been eligible for the main Restart policy funded by Government if they had been liable for business rates.
If your business has not automatically been awarded funding, we will be offering the chance to apply once further funding has been released from Government. Please let us know if you would like to apply and please make sure you Sign up to our Business newsletter to be notified of further funding opportunities.
For support and advice, please contact Covid-19BusinessSupport@wiltshire.gov.uk.
We have received reports of people having difficulty applying using Internet Explorer. Please apply via another browser. If you are still having problems, please email us at Covid-19BusinessSupport@wiltshire.gov.uk.