Coronavirus business support grants
Latest update - Restart Grants
- Restart Grants support high street businesses, with grants worth up to £6,000 for non-essential retail businesses, and up to £18,000 for hospitality businesses such as personal care, pubs, leisure and hotels. As with previous grants, the amount a business can be awarded will depend on its rateable value.
- The new scheme is similar to the Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG). However, there are some differences in the eligibility criteria, and businesses that have been successfully awarded a LRSG in the past will have to provide some further information for a Restart Grant, as some of the evidence that the council needs to collect has changed.
- Any business that has not received a LRSG can still apply for a Restart Grant if they think they are eligible, but they will have to go through the full application process for the new grant.
- To see if you are eligible for a Restart Grant, please see our
- Appliations for Restart Grants will open in early April. To ensure you receive the latest information about these grants, please Sign up to our newsletter.
About the grant schemes
There are a number of different grant schemes operating.
Please take time to read through the information and FAQs before applying to ensure your application can be dealt with as quickly as possible.
Please only apply once for grant support via either the Local Restrictions Support Grant or Additional Restrictions Grant.
If you have applied since 5 November, please do not apply again. Multiple applications delay the assessment process.
If you applied for earlier schemes (before November), you will need to apply as each scheme has different criteria.
Sign up to our newsletter to find out about future funding opportunities as they are launched.
Local Restrictions Support Grant
The Local Restrictions Support Grant is only for businesses who have a business rate account, where your premises are closed by national restrictions.
- A list of these restrictions can be found on GOV.UK - Information on national restrictions
- You may not actually pay rates due to receiving rate relief - you will still be eligible as long as you have an account.
- This scheme makes different levels of grant depending on which tier Wiltshire is in. You will be notified of each amount as it is awarded and will need to let us know if your circumstances change.
- Please take a look at the to familiarise yourself with how this will operate.
If you believe the above applies to you, and you have not applied for this scheme before (since November 2020), please apply at Local Restrictions Support Grant
Additional Restrictions Support Grant
The Additional Restrictions Grant is for businesses without a business rate account, or for businesses who are affected, but not closed, by national restrictions.
The application window is now closed. Please sign up to our business newsletter to be notified about future rounds and future funding opportunities as they are launched.
Update on additional support
The Chancellor announced additional support for businesses during the national lockdown from 5 January 2021. Find our more at GOV.UK
The one-off grants (Closed Business Lockdown Payments) announced are for businesses who are eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant - businesses who have a rates account and their premises is closed by national restrictions.
If you have already applied, there is no need to apply again. If you have not already applied, please do so at Local Restrictions Support Grant. Businesses who have already applied will be paid automatically from 20 January 2021.
Pubs / Christmas Support Payment
Applicants operating as a pub who have been successful through the Local Restrictions Support Grant scheme have been contacted about the wet-led pubs Christmas Support Payment and further awards. Wet-led pubs may be eligible for the LRSG Closed grant as well.
If you operate a mix between a pub/restaurant/hotel model you may not have been contacted - please let us know.
If you are a pub who is yet to apply for a grant, please do so at Local Restrictions Support Grant. The deadline for Christmas Support Claims is 31 January
If you are yet to receive any further information please contact email@example.com
For support and advice, please contact Covid-19BusinessSupport@wiltshire.gov.uk.
We have received reports of people having difficulty applying using Internet Explorer. Please apply via another browser. If you are still having problems, please email us at Covid-19BusinessSupport@wiltshire.gov.uk.