Toggle menu


We are currently investigating technical issues on this website. Thanks for your patience.

Employing a rating adviser

Ratepayers do not have to be represented in discussions about their rateable value or their rates bill. Appeals against rateable values can be made free of charge. However, ratepayers who do wish to be represented should be aware that members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) (opens new window) and the The Institute of Revenues Rating and Valuation (IRRV) (opens new window)  are qualified and are regulated by rules of professional conduct designed to protect the public from misconduct. Before you employ a rating adviser, you should check that they have the necessary knowledge and expertise, as well as appropriate indemnity insurance. Take great care and, if necessary, seek further advice before entering into any contract.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email