Calne Community Campus set to open soon
The leisure centre has had significant refurbishments
Wiltshire Council is pleased to confirm that extensive refurbishment work to Calne Leisure Centre is complete, and is set to open on Tuesday 3 November 2020 - with the new facility delivering fresh, modern and safe facilities for the Calne community area.
The extensive refurbishment and improvement works are now complete, with Calne Leisure Centre fully transformed into Calne Community Campus. Wiltshire Council has invested more than £3m into the project, which will help ensure the centre is sustainable and available for use by the community for the long-term. The reopening of the refurbished Leisure Centre completes the overall Calne campus project, which also included the work to the Community Hub and Beversbrook sports facility.
Some of the features the community can look forward to are:
- Fitness suite twice the size of the previous suite with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Refurbished dry changing rooms with an accessible changing room - interim COVID-19 measures will be in place
- Sports hall re-decorated with a new sprung floor installed and a new system for temperature controlled ventilation.
- Fitness Studio re-decorated with improved access, refurbished floor and a new sound system
- Swimming pool hall redecorated with new floor surround and pool cover
- New swimming village change area including personal care room, 23 separate cubicles, family cubicles, individual showers and new entrance to poolside.
- Refreshed entrance area including automatic and accessible doors
- First floor refurbished throughout, with new toilets, including an accessible toilet, new furniture and a movable wall for flexible use of space for functions and meetings.
The campus will open with full COVID-19 safety measures in place, so people can feel as safe as possible whilst visiting. The same safety measures have seen Wiltshire Council successfully reopen many of its leisure facilities up and down the county to positive feedback from customers during the current pandemic. More information about leisure services and measures during COVID-19 can be found on our page.
Cllr Ian Blair-Pilling, Cabinet Member for Leisure, said:
We're so excited to share this wonderful facility with the community. We thank everyone for their patience. We have a campus we can all be proud of and it will certainly be worth the wait.
We have revitalised the facilities and this will be a lovely community space for people to come and use. As well as facilities to help improve people's health and wellbeing, we have space to host functions and meetings, so our hope is it will prove to be a real focal point for the community.
All enquiries relating to the new facility can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.