30 hour offer - Provider info
This page is for childcare providers.
If you are a parent view our parents' information page.
All 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to 15 hours of early years childcare per week (if taken term time only). This new offer enables some working parents of 3 and 4 year olds to now double this entitlement to up to 30 hours of free childcare per week (details of the eligibility criteria can be found on the parent's information page).
Children may only start accessing the extended entitlement from the term following their third birthday AND the term following receipt of their eligibility code from HMRC, whichever is later. For the purpose of this funding, terms are defined as:
- Autumn Term : 1 September - 31 December
- Spring Term: 1 January - 31 March
- Summer Term: 1 April - 31 August
Parents are encouraged to apply to HMRC's Childcare Service in the term before their child turns three in order to access a place in the term following their child's third birthday. Please note, that the Code's Start Date only confirms that the child meets the income requirements as at that date - Childcare Providers must check the child's date of birth to decide with the extended entitlement can start.
On being awarded eligibility, parents are given an 11 digit 'code' which will stay with the child until their reach compulsory school age, regardless of whether or not they drop in or out of eligibility.
Yes, this is possible as most children's eligibility only runs for three months at a time. Parents must reconfirm their circumstances with HMRC (by logging back into their online Childcare Account) every three months to check that they are still eligible. Parents will be prompted by HMRC, via text message and/or email, four weeks before their reconfirmation deadline and again two weeks before the deadline if they still have not reconfirmed.
Remember once a child starts claiming their extended entitlement with you, we will honour the funding until the end of the 'Grace Period' (which is recorded on our online Checker).
You should not agree to reserve a place for a parent to access the extended entitlement without validating their code. To validate codes, please go to the 30 Hour Validation Tool.
(To use our online checker, you are required to create an online account which can only be done from receiving an invitation with a Security Code. To obtin this, please email EarlyYears@wiltshire.gov.uk in the first instance.)
To meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 you are required to gain written consent from parents to check their codes, please download the following consent form.
Issues with applications and reconfirmation of codes
Please check the following:
- Please go back into the child's record on the Checker and rerun the check - our nightly refresh may have failed
- Ask if the parent has been issued with a new code. There is a small chance this might have happened and they haven't told you
- Ask the parent to show you the front screen of their online Childcare Account - this should display when the next reconfirmation is due (which should prove if they have reconfirmed or not). Please then email firstname.lastname@example.org who will take up this discrepancy with HMRC's Childcare Service
- If there is any doubt about whether the code has been reconfirmed, the parent needs to phone HMRC's Childcare Service helpline on 0300 0123 4097
Please check that the parent has set-up their online Childcare Account. If so, please ask them to call HMRC's Childcare Service Helpline 0300 0123 4097.
Resources to support childcare providers downloads: