Out of hours safeguarding
Concerned about a child or young person
The out of hours safeguarding service provides an emergency social work service outside of normal office hours; nights, weekends and bank holidays.
The service responds to the following situations:
- Emergencies where immediate social care intervention is required to safeguard a child or young person.
- Significant welfare concerns that cannot safely wait until the next working day.
- Provides support, information and advice over the phone to keep the situation safe until the next working day.
Contact the out of hours service
Call us when your local daytime service office is closed on 0300 456 0100.
- Monday to Thursday from 5pm to midnight, Friday from 4pm to midnight
- Weekends and Bank Holidays from 9am to midnight
Phones are diverted to the Social Work Standby Service from midnight to 9am (7 days a week).
The Social Work Standby Service should only be used where a child or young person is identified as being at immediate risk of harm and where concerns cannot safely wait until the day service is available.