Calne Community Campus
Calne Community Campus - open now
We are pleased to confirm that extensive refurbishment and improvement work to Calne Leisure Centre is complete, and the centre is now fully open as Calne Community Campus - with the new facility delivering fresh, modern and safe facilities for the Calne community area.
Wiltshire Council has invested more than £3m into the project, which will help ensure the centre is sustainable and available for use by the community for the long-term. The reopening of the refurbished Leisure Centre completes the overall Calne campus project, which also included the work to the Calne Community Hub and Library, and Beversbrook sports facility.
Some of the features the community can look forward to are:
- Fitness suite twice the size of the previous suite with state-of-the-art equipment
- Refurbished dry changing rooms with an accessible changing room
- Sports hall re-decorated with a new sprung floor installed and a new system for temperature controlled ventilation.
- Fitness Studio re-decorated with improved access, refurbished floor and a new sound system
- Swimming pool hall redecorated with new floor surround and pool cover
- New swimming village change area including personal care room, 23 separate cubicles, family cubicles, individual showers and new entrance to poolside.
- Refreshed entrance area including automatic and accessible doors
- First floor refurbished throughout, with new toilets, including an accessible toilet, new furniture and a movable wall for flexible use of space for functions and meetings.
The campus is open with COVID-19 safety in place, so people can feel as safe as possible whilst visiting. The same safety measures have seen Wiltshire Council successfully reopen many of its leisure facilities up and down the county to positive feedback from customers during the current pandemic.
For details of what's available please visit the centre webpages.
Calne Community Campus - what's available
All enquiries relating to the new facility can be directed to the following email address email@example.com.
Ground floor plan (PDF) [1MB] (opens new window)
First floor plan (PDF) [317KB] (opens new window)
Get in touch - if you have questions regarding this project, send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.