Calne Community Campus
Calne Community Campus Update - set to open on 3 November
We are pleased to confirm that extensive refurbishment work to Calne Leisure Centre is complete, and is set to open on Tuesday 3 November 2020 - with the new facility delivering fresh, modern and safe facilities for the Calne community area.
The extensive refurbishment and improvement works are now complete, with Calne Leisure Centre fully transformed into Calne Community Campus. Wiltshire Council has invested more than £3m into the project, which will help ensure the centre is sustainable and available for use by the community for the long-term. The reopening of the refurbished Leisure Centre completes the overall Calne campus project, which also included the work to the Community Hub and Beversbrook sports facility.
Some of the features the community can look forward to are:
- Fitness suite twice the size of the previous suite with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Refurbished dry changing rooms with an accessible changing room - interim COVID-19 measures will be in place
- Sports hall re-decorated with a new sprung floor installed and a new system for temperature controlled ventilation.
- Fitness Studio re-decorated with improved access, refurbished floor and a new sound system
- Swimming pool hall redecorated with new floor surround and pool cover
- New swimming village change area including personal care room, 23 separate cubicles, family cubicles, individual showers and new entrance to poolside.
- Refreshed entrance area including automatic and assessible doors
- First floor refurbished throughout, with new toilets, including an accessible toilet, new furniture and a movable wall for flexible use of space for functions and meetings.
The campus will open with full COVID-19 safety measures in place, so people can feel as safe as possible whilst visiting. The same safety measures have seen Wiltshire Council successfully reopen many of its leisure facilities up and down the county to positive feedback from customers during the current pandemic.
All enquiries relating to the new facility can be directed to the following email address: email@example.com
Read the latest Calne Community Campus newsletters
Frequently asked questions
We're delighted to announce that we will no longer close the leisure centre at the beginning of the works in September. While there will still be some disruption to services, we are working closely with the contractor to minimise this as much as possible.
Further details of the updated work schedule and membership adjustments will be sent out to members very shortly via email or letter.
A phased approach means that we split the building into sections and complete building work in one section at a time. Temporary facilities will be provided where necessary; this will minimise any disruption to service.
We expect construction work to start in September.
This will need to be agreed with the principle contractor; we expect the works to take at least 12 months.
Members will be contact about discounts due to the inconvenience and disruption we expect the works to cause.