There are great benefits to volunteering for individuals, for communities and for organisations. Wiltshire Council operates a volunteer strategy to help get the most value from volunteering for everyone.
There are many opportunities to volunteer across Wiltshire including one-off events or longer-term commitments. To search for opportunities in your area take a look on Our community matters.
As well as volunteering opportunities in the community Wiltshire Council relies on the help of volunteers to deliver some of its important community services.
Browse the services below to find out what's involved in each opportunity and how to get in contact if you would like to volunteer.
- Home Library Service
- Helping to operate libraries and provide support
- Helping with the Summer Reading Challenge
- Supporting children's activities
Volunteer drivers - email email@example.com to register your interest.
- Older people champions
- Young People Champions (Local Youth Network members),
- Digital Champions
- Health and Wellbeing champions
- Carers Champions
- Dementia Friends
Community Speed watch
Contact your local Community Engagement Manager at Area boards.
What can you expect from us?
If you decide you would like to volunteer for Wiltshire Council you can expect to:
- be considered in a fair selection process for the role you are interested in.
- be part of delivering an efficient and effective and community service.
- have an appropriate induction for the role you will fulfil.
- be supported through the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) system if required for your chosen role.
- receive training as required for the role.
- be given on-going support and reviews if appropriate.
- have your achievements celebrated.