Toggle menu

Community Safety - Who to contact for help

In an emergency contact 999 


Safer schools

The Safer Schools (opens new window) website has information for school students, their parents and carers and school staff on issues to do with personal safety and community safety.

Alcohol concern

Alcohol Change (opens new window) is the national agency on alcohol misuse 


Drinkline (opens new window) 0800 917 8282 - offers confidential information and advice on sensible drinking to anyone concerned about alcohol misuse. Seven days a week, 24 hours a day. 

Al Anon

Al Anon (opens new window) - self help groups offering support to families/friends of drinkers. Alateen is for aged 12 - 17 who have been affected by another's drinking.
Help line 0207 403 0888 open 10:00 - 22:00 seven days a week. 


Adfam (opens new window) is the leading national organisation working with and for families affected by drugs and alcohol

Talk to Frank

Talk to Frank (opens new window) - offers advice and information to people concerned about drugs, including drug users, their families, friends and people who work with them.

  • Frank 0800 776 600 - as above available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 120 languages.
  • Frank 0800 917 8765 - as above but for those people with hearing impairments.

Crime reduction

GOV.UK: Crime prevention (opens new window) website provides information and resources for people working to reduce crime in their local area. 

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email