Toggle menu

Shared Lives and Shared Days

Continue caring for someone you foster after they turn 16 years old

If you are a foster carer, and the young adult you foster is about to leave the children's care system, and has an eligible need you can become a self-employed Shared Lives carer with Wiltshire Council and continue to support them into adult life.  You can be part of our Shared Lives: Move On Together service.

You will need to apply and be assessed as one of our Shared Lives carers, but once you have come through the process, you will be able to continue supporting the person you are caring for as a Shared Lives carer within the scheme.

  • work the hours you want to work
  • continue being a foster carer alongside being a Shared Lives carer
  • support the people you foster to become as independent as possible
  • watch as the people you have fostered flourish into adult life with your support.

The young adult you are fostering will also become part of our Shared Lives service for people with an eligible need who are about to leave foster care.

For more information, please use the form link below to enter your details, and we will call you.

Shared Lives initial enquiry form

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email