Public wifi in council buildings
As more and more organisations develop their online services, it is becoming increasingly important for everyone in our communities to feel confident with the basics of computers and have access to a computer and the internet. Access to the internet is vital in today's society.
Wiltshire council's Wiltshire Online Team is rolling out free wireless internet access across:
- Public offices
- Youth development centres
- Leisure centres
Wireless internet, often referred to as WiFi allows you to connect to the internet in any wifi- enabled building without the need to plug in. You can take along your wifi- enabled laptop, tablet or smart phone and browse the internet for free.
- Go to your devices settings tab
- Look for networks/wireless tab
- Look for WiFi settings tab
- Search available WiFi networks for WiltsOnline
- Select WiltsOnline
- Go back to settings and launch the internet
- A registration page will appear - go to create account if you have not done so - fill in your name, mobile number and email address
- A code will be texted/emailed to you
- Go to login page, enter your email address as the username and the code, tick the box to confirm you accept the terms and conditions and you will be free to browse
- Once you have logged in the first time the code can be changed to a more memorable code or word
Where can you use WiltsOnline public wifi
Find your local library.
All our libraries have wifi.