Council tax

Register to manage and access your council tax account online

You can now register to access your council tax account online. You will be able to check and make payments, view your bills, set up and amend a direct debit and notify us of changes. To register your account, select revenues online below, you will need your council tax reference which can be found on your bill or bank statement if you pay by direct debit.

Revenues online

Online payments portal enables you to pay your council tax online without registering to use this service.

You Tube: It's now easy to manage your council tax online

Register and notify changes in circumstances without revenues online

The council tax team can be contacted on 0300 456 0109.  If you have an existing  account reference number, please have this ready to quote.

How to pay your council tax

Council tax bills are sent out at the end of March each year showing the current year's charges and instalments. Your payment must reach your local Wiltshire Council office by the dates shown on your bill. Council tax can be paid over 12 months, rather than the previous 10 months. You can change to 12 monthly instalments using our revenues online facility.

How do I sign up?

On your most recent council tax bill, you will find a 16 digit activation code below your address details. Enter your activation code, along with your postcode, at Dotpost. You can now create your Dotpost profile by entering your details in the boxes provided and following the instructions for setting up an account. Once setup is complete you can use your chosen username and password to login to your Dotpost account.

Alternatively, if you do not have a dotpost account, you can view a version of bills you have received using our revenues online facility.

Pay your council tax online

How much is my council tax?

The amount of council tax you pay depends on which council tax band your property is in (see further information on council tax bands below). This is based on how much the property was worth on 1 April 1991. New homes built since 1991 are still valued on the basis of what they would have been worth in 1991. Your council tax bill states which band you are in.

How to appeal your council tax bill

If you think your council tax bill is wrong you can appeal. Make sure you keep paying the bill while any appeal is in progress.