Toggle menu

Hazardous and toxic substances and materials

Control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) regulations

Petrol storage at domestic premises

Do you need a petroleum licence

Asbestos disposal

Due to the hazardous nature of cement bonded asbestos it can only be accepted at a facility with a special licence issued by the GOV.UK: Environment Agency (opens new window). Three of Wiltshire's household recycling centres can accept cement bonded asbestos - by appointment only.

Asbestos disposal

Plasterboard recycling and disposal


For information and advice on disposal or storage of poisons, please contact Commercial Services on 0300 456 0100.

For the storage of poisons please contact Trading Standards on 0300 456 0100.

Further information

HSE (Health and Safety Executive): Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) (opens new window)

HSE (Health and safety executive): Storing petrol safely (opens new window)

GOV.UK: Environment Agency (opens new window)

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email