We're targeting Fly-tippers to combat environmental crime.
We want to put a stop to fly-tipping, and we need your help to catch the culprits to keep your county cleaner, greener and safer.
Report a fly-tipper
If you spot someone fly-tipping in Wiltshire, report the offender to us through our online reporting system.
As a reward for reporting a fly-tipper you could get a gift voucher of up to £200 following the payment of a Fixed Penalty Notice or a successful prosecution.
Frequently asked questions
Fly-tipping witness reward scheme
Terms and conditions
- Do not try to rummage through the waste yourself or disturb the waste as this could affect the scene and potential prosecution. This may also put you in danger as there could be hazardous or sharp items hidden among the waste. Our staff will carry out a thorough examination of the waste as part of their investigation.
- Do not attempt to confront anyone who is fly-tipping or put yourself in danger in any way. Instead, try to gather as much useful information as you can such as:
- Time and date of incident.
- Description of person(s) dumping waste.
- Description of vehicle(s) involved, including registration numbers.
- Description of the waste dumped.
- Photographs and videos can also be very useful, but only if it is possible to obtain them safely.
The more information you can provide, the better the chances of an investigation.
- A reward is not considered if evidence is taken from the scene or just by a witness having physical evidence (an offence must be witnessed).
- Witnesses must provide a witness statement and attend court if required.
- Rewards will not be paid to investigations that we decide to not continue with.
- We have the right to cancel the reward scheme at any time without notifying witnesses of open cases.
- Any information supplied in connection to any such incident is treated in strictest confidence in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- The full terms and conditions of the vouchers apply.
- The voucher cannot be exchanged for money or any other service.
- Vouchers will be posted out to the witness once the Enforcement Manager has received confirmation of the Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) being paid or the Court Prosecution has a successful conviction.
- The reward gift voucher amounts will be paid as follows:
- £100 - after a successful FPN when the fine is paid in full by the offender.
- £100 - after the case goes to court but the witness is not required to attend as a witness.
- £200 - after the case goes to court and the witness is required to go to court.