Traveller education service
The Wiltshire Traveller Education Service aims to improve the capacity of schools to raise the attainment, achievement and engagement of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller (GRT) pupils.
- 1 Early Help Functional Lead 0.5
- 1 Advisory Teacher
- 3 Teaching Assistants
- Education Welfare Officer support
- Support schools to enhance educational provision for GRT children, ensuring that they meet their full potential by providing bespoke in-school support packages catering to the individual need and abilities of these pupils
- Improve school/home liaison and foster positive relationships between families, schools and the wider community
- Provide support to families to help access Nursery, Pre-school and foundation stage learning. This may include work with other partner agencies
- Education for children who are visiting the county, such as Fairground and Circus families
As a service we are also able to provide training to:
- External agencies
- Support staff
- Leadership teams
Schools can refer an individual Gypsy, Roma or Traveller pupil to the service by using a Single Agency Referral Form (SARF).
For any more information or informal advice please call the:
Early help single point of contact number on 01225 718230.