1. Pay
  2. Report
  3. Apply

Unauthorised Encampments

The council owns parcels of land in exactly the same way as any other private landowner and in its capacity as local Highway Authority has responsibility for use of the highways.

The council has a legal duty to... "assert and protect the rights of the public to the use and enjoyment of any highway for which they are the highway authority". (s.130, Highways Act 1980).


Icon for pdf Policy Statement [50.37KB] PDF (50kb)

Icon for pdf Inter-Departmental protocol [49.04KB] PDF (49kb)

Contact us

Environmental Services
Highways Enforcement
Monkton Park
SN15 1ER

Email: HighwaysEnforcement@wiltshire.gov.uk

Phone: 01225 713 356