There is a long and proud history of Gypsies and Travellers living, working or travelling through the county. Many have now stopped travelling for reasons of:
- Settled into permanent accommodation
This can range from Housing:
- Private Gypsy or Traveller sites
- Onto one of the three council owned sites that are located countywide
Wiltshire council brings together a wide range of services and responsibilities that engages with Gypsy & Traveller communities to provide an integrated and supportive approach to help them live:
- High quality lives in line with our corporate vision to create strong communities
We encourage them to take responsibility for their:
- Build positive relationships
- To get involved
- Take action on what's best for their own communities
We want them to succeed to the best of their abilities and feel safe where they live and work.
Wiltshire Council does not have a designated Gypsy and Traveller team, instead all enquires are directed to the relevant service for further assistance.
For more information regarding our services click on the relevant links or call Customer Services on 0300 4560 100.
To request a copy of the Gypsy, Roma, Traveller and Boater Strategy 2020 - 2025 email firstname.lastname@example.org.