Roadworks and related information
Here you can find information for current and planned road works, public events and other activities on the highway network in Wiltshire.
We have teamed up with market leader Elgin, producers of the one.network map, to help improve the way we monitor, communicate and analyse traffic disruptions, everything from road closures and diversion routes, to public events and incidents.
Highlights of the Elgin's mapping system include:
- a clearer display format, showing the works promoter and traffic management type, at a glance.
- integrated Google street view direct from the map page
- the ability to sign up for personal email alerts, where you can be notified of road works that affect a particular area or route of interest.
- live incident feeds direct on the map layer from a variety of sources including Google, TomTom and Waze live traffic.
- the ability to integrate additional data layers to enable better planning of works by utilities and contractors.
Emergency works won't appear immediately due to their urgent nature and will be added to the reporting system when we are notified about them.
Wiltshire Council can not provide information for the M4 Motorway and A303, A36, A417 and A419 trunk roads which are the responsibility of Highways England who can be contacted using the links below.
Trunk roads and motorways
Works on Wiltshire Council's road network
To find out more about the works being undertaken you should first attempt to contact the company responsible using the contact list below.
There should be an information board on site displaying the name of the company responsible for the works, contact number and permit number. If you still need to contact the council please note the permit number as this will enable us to locate the works and company efficiently.
Street works licences, applications and information
We welcome your feedback on our service, please email any comments to our Street Works team email@example.com.