Toggle menu

Information for electors voting in the General Election 2024.

A UK parliamentary election has been called for 4 July 2024. Deadlines for registering to vote, and applying for a postal vote, have now passed. To apply to vote by proxy, you have until 5pm on 26 June 2024: GOV.UK: Apply to vote by proxy (opens new window)

Overseas electors may consider applying to vote by proxy. For more information see the General Election 2024 page.

Homes for Ukraine



As part of your involvement in the Homes for Ukraine scheme, you are entitled to an optional 'thank you' payment of £350 per month.

On 29 April 2022, The Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities outlined the specific requirements for this payment. 


You must agree to the following conditions:

  • payments must only be issued to those lead sponsors where it is confirmed that they have passed the necessary property and safeguarding checks, including DBS checks
  • lead sponsors can claim for up to 12 months
  • lead sponsors are only eligible for monthly payments for as long as the guest remains living in their accommodation
  • only one monthly payment will be given per residential address, regardless of the number of guests being hosted, size, or location of the property.

Local authority requirements

As a local authority, we are required to:

  • conduct fraud checks
    • check sponsor identity
    • cross reference against relevant council databases
    • request bank statement from sponsor to confirm details
  • seek evidence of guest's visa

Your payment will be paid monthly in arrears on the 25 of the month, directly into your bank account. This payment will be tax free and should not affect your entitlement to benefits or council tax status.

How to register

We will require confirmation of some details when you register to be a sponsor, specifically:

  • you will not charge rent to Ukrainian guests
  • you will not allow Ukrainian guests to work for you/be employed by you for less than the National Minimum Wage and Living Wage (for more information, see Offer work to people who have come to the UK from Ukraine (opens new window) on the GOV.UK website)
  • you agree to notify the council of any changes
  • you agree for fraud checks to be carried out, including DBS and sharing host address details with Wiltshire Police so that welfare checks can be made if required (all data shared with appropriate partners within Data Protection Agreement (Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR Article 6))
  • you agree for checks to be carried out with Wiltshire Council databases and databases of any other local authority area resided in within the last 5 years
  • you agree to at least one in-person check at the six-month mark from council officers.

Register online

Paper applications

If you can't apply online, then you can fill in the Sponsor self-declaration form and return it to our refugee resettlement and migration team.

Remember to sign the form otherwise we can't process it.

Printable sponsor self-declaration and bank details (PDF) [915KB] (opens new window)

Printable sponsor self-declaration and bank details (Word doc) [31KB] (opens new window)

Printable sponsor self-declaration and bank details (OpenDocument text format) [21KB] (opens new window)

Completed paper forms should be posted to:

Refugee resettlement and migration team,
County Hall,
Bythesea Road,
BA14 8JN

Once we receive your application, our community support team will review it.

If you are eligible, your thank you payment will be processed and you will receive this in arrears on 25 of the month, directly into your bank account.

Withdraw sponsorship offer

If you wish to withdraw your application you must either:

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email