Book a visit to a household recycling centre
Household recycling centre (HRC) booking system terms and conditions
From Monday 8 June 2020, all visitors to a Wiltshire HRC must pre-book a slot to visit beforehand. You will be turned away if you arrive without a booking.
There are around 10,000 slots each week across the 10 sites and new slots are added frequently throughout each day.
There are slots for cars and small vans and separate slots for large vans and all vehicles towing trailers. Large vans and/or trailers of any size are not permitted onto the Salisbury site.
- There is a 15-minute time slot for a Car/Small Van booking. Please ensure that you can unload your vehicle within this time.
- Visits are for those people living in the Wiltshire Council area only.
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms and those in self-isolating households must not visit.
- Bookings must be for essential visits only.
- One person per vehicle can use the site unless helping to unload a heavy or large item.
- Social distancing at 2 metres will be strictly enforced.
- Vehicles weighing 3.5t, or any vehicles towing trailers must book a Trailer/Large Vans slot. Entry will be refused if a Car/Small Van slot is booked for such vehicles. If required, please ensure you have a valid permit and this is visible to the site staff. Visit our HRC van and large trailer permits page for conditions and how to apply.
- Vehicles over 3.5t, trailers over 3m, horse box trailers, and vans, pick-ups or flatbed vehicles towing a trailer of any size are not permitted on site.
- The waste you bring to the site must be from your household only. It is illegal to take commercial waste to the HRC.
- If you are unable to attend at the time you have booked you must Cancel your HRC booking.
- Please visit at the time you have booked and do not arrive beforehand.
- The registration number of the vehicle visiting the site must be the same as the one stated when you book.
- Make sure that you bring your proof of Wiltshire address (a driving licence, council tax bill or utility bill - a printed or electronic version is fine).
- Only bring to site what you can safely unload yourself. Site staff need to social distance so cannot help you to unload your waste and recycling.
- Wash your hands before you leave home and after your visit.
- Please be respectful to site staff and traffic marshals. They are key workers who are working to keep you safe during your visit.
For help registering see our video showing how to set up an account, .
In submitting this application, I understand that if I have provided untrue or misleading information, whether express or implied, I may be committing an offence of fraud by false representation under Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006. On conviction, this offence is liable to penalties in the Magistrates Court of imprisonment for up to 12 months or a fine of £5,000 (or both) and to penalties in the Crown Court of imprisonment for up to 10 years or a fine (or both).
Once you have completed your booking you will be emailed confirmation detailing the time, date and location of your booking.
New slots are added frequently during each day from late morning for dates seven days in advance. If there are no slots available the date will be greyed out. If you cannot see any available slots, please check back later or try another recycling centre. Slots are only released for days when the site is open, and all sites are closed for at least one day per week. All sites are open Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.