Toggle menu

Disrepair - private tenants

We aim to improve standards of safety and repair in privately rented property and in houses in multiple occupation (HMOs). If you have a disrepair you should in the first instance write to you landlord requesting that the repair is undertaken.

Reporting problems to your landlord

In emergencies (e.g. a gas leak should always be reported on the TRANSCO local gas emergency line 0800 111 999) you may have to call the supplier or emergency services but tell the landlord too.

If repairs are needed in the place where you are living there are a number of steps you can take to ensure that your landlord carries them out.

Landlords' responsibilities

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email