Toggle menu

Information for electors voting in the General Election 2024.

A UK parliamentary election has been called for 4 July 2024. Register to vote by midnight on 18 June 2024: GOV.UK: Register to vote. (opens new window) You can also vote by post: GOV.UK: apply to vote by post (opens new window). The deadline to apply is 5pm on 19 June 2024 or apply to vote by proxy by 5pm on 26 June 2024: GOV.UK: Apply to vote by proxy (opens new window)


Overseas electors may consider applying to vote by proxy. For more information see the General Election 2024 page.


Harassment can make your housing situation very difficult. There are different types of harassment, and this section offers you advice and contacts for help in dealing with it.

Relationship breakdown and domestic abuse

Domestic abuse is the abuse of one partner within an intimate or family relationship. It is the repeated physical, psychological, sexual or financial abuse by a person known to you, usually your partner or ex-partner or family member.

It is one person exerting systematic abusive power and control over another.

Hate crime

Wiltshire Council Housing Management takes all reports of hate crime or harassment by or against council tenants extremely seriously and will investigate these as a matter of priority.

Anti-social behaviours and nuisance

Wiltshire Council is committed to taking effective action to tackle and resolve anti-social behaviour. Our anti-social behaviour (ASB) page tells you what you can expect from the Housing Management service when you report any anti-social behaviour and sets out how we will deal with any reports that we receive.

Neighbour nuisance

Private tenant advice - Landlord harassment and illegal eviction

If your landlord does something that interferes with your ability to enjoy living in your home in peace and is intended to make you leave your home or take away your rights, without your landlord having to follow the proper legal procedures, s/he could be guilty of harassment. The fact that your landlord owns your home does not give him/her, or anyone acting on his/her behalf, a right to harass you.

In emergency situations call 999

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email