High call volume

We are currently experiencing high call volumes regarding upcoming ceremonies
Read more about Read more
  1. Pay
  2. Report
  3. Apply

Park home, touring caravan and camp sites

Private sector housing enquiries form

It is legal requirement for owners of park home, caravan and camp sites to hold a licence issued by the council. Licences will vary slightly from site to site and they are required to be displayed by the licence holder on the site.

The licence will set conditions that cover a wide variety of health and safety standards relating to the site including the following:

  • Restricting when caravans, tents and other structures can be on the site for human habitation
  • Controlling the positioning of the caravans or regulating the use of other structures and vehicles
  • Fire safety and fire fighting controls 
  • Ensuring that sanitary and other facilities, services and equipment are supplied and maintained.

Operating a site without a licence is an offence and the council will actively pursue the enforcement of the site licence conditions.

Before you apply for a licence, you will require planning permission and you are advised to contact the Planning department. If you are planning to apply for a licence, you can download the forms below or get them from your local council office.

You can also apply for the licences you need via the GOV.UK website.

Park home residents

Touring caravans

Camp sites for tents


Icon for pdf Application caravan site licence [20.7KB]

Icon for pdf Application transfer of caravan site licence [18.38KB]

Icon for pdf Application tent site licence [89.95KB]

Icon for pdf Altering or extending your park home [192.54KB]

Icon for pdf Breaches of licence conditions [78.3KB]

Icon for pdf Model standard for touring sites in England [219.74KB]