Home improvement and repair assistance
Due to financial constraints, the council will not be taking any new enquiries for grants (except Disabled Facilities Grants and Discretionary Disabled Facilities Grants) but will continue to accept loan enquiries. The loans being offered are subsidised to provide low cost finance with low rates of interest for the term of the loan for home owners. Loans can be provided for disabled adaptation should a person not quality for a Disabled Facilities grant.
Who provides the loan?
The council is working with Lendology CIC (a Community Development Finance Institution) to provide finance to home owners for essential maintenance, adaptations and improvement works to their home. Loans are discretionary and are usually made available to low income groups particularly the elderly, disabled and other vulnerable households.
lendology.cic loans general leaflet
Private Sector Housing Renewal Assistance Policy
The documents below explain mandatory and discretionary housing assistance available to Wiltshire residents for adaptations, essential repairs .
The assistance policies are as follows:
- Mandatory Disabled Facilities Grant Policy (OpenDocument text format) [13KB] (opens new window)
- Discretionary Disabled Facilities Grant (OpenDocument text format) [13KB] (opens new window)
- Repair Assistance (OpenDocument text format) [27KB] (opens new window)
- Empty Homes Assistance (OpenDocument text format) [21KB] (opens new window)
- Home Loans (OpenDocument text format) [23KB] (opens new window)
For further information please contact the Private Sector Housing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org