Springfield Community Campus
We have now reopened! Gym, swimming and group exercise classes are all available. We hope to offer further activities over the coming weeks. Swimming lessons will restart week beginning Monday 21 September.
Please note our temporary opening hours below.
The latest information, updates and details on reopening can be found here including what services are available, what we're doing with memberships, what's changed and how to book. Please read this information before making any visit to us.
The health and safety of staff and customers will be our priority during reopening.
Centre opening times
|Day||Opening times||From Monday 5 October|
|Monday||12 noon - 8pm||7am - 8pm|
|Tuesday||12 noon - 8pm||7am - 8pm|
|Wednesday||12 noon - 8pm||7am - 8pm|
|Thursday||12 noon - 8pm||7am - 8pm|
|Friday||12 noon - 8pm||7am - 8pm|
|Saturday||9am - 3pm||8am - 3pm|
|Sunday||9am - 3pm||9am - 5pm|
Start a new leisure membership in 2020
Being regularly active has many health benefits and can help to prevent issues such as diabetes and coronary heart disease, as well as having mental health benefits and being associated with the feel good factor.
We'd love to help you get more active and have a variety of flexible Memberships to suit your individual requirements.
Get a new leisurecard membership through online leisure membership - 7 day booking allowance, be able to book online and get discounted pay as you go activity prices
Use our online booking platform to book group exercise classes and hire courts. Online booking is available 7 days in advance for members with a leisurecard number. Non-members can use online booking to book online up to 2 days in advance
Swimming and gymnastics lessons
Gymnastics lessons are not currently operating at the moment, all memberships are frozen and no payments will be taken until further notice. We're considering starting gymnastics later in the Autumn, and will communicate further information in due course.
Swimming lessons will restart week beginning Monday 21 September - more information is on our webpage.
Swimming - From toddler age through to experience junior swimmer - our weekly Aqualetes Swim school lessons will help your child develop confidence in water through fun, structured lessons following the Swim England learn to swim pathway.
Gymnastics - for children aged 2 - 14, we offer either pay as you go or a monthly membership to help your child learn and grow through gymnastics you can find out more here.
Fitness suite refurbishment
We are delighted to present a completely refurbished fitness suite with some fantastic new kit and a re-arrangement of equipment to maximise the space. There is a purpose built free weights room with two Olympic lifting platforms, a secondary free weights room for more privacy, additional equipment in the cardiovascular areas and a new stretching space.
The full details include;
- brand new, fully matted, free weights area overlooking the car park complete with two additional half racks with lifting platforms and Olympic bumper plates...on top of the Smith machine and squat rack that we already have. 3 additional benches are provided in this area and we have provided two additional machines for core workouts; a Bosu knee raise machine and a 45 degree back extension machine
- A secondary weights area created, with a little more privacy available, including two new benches and a 1-10kg vertical rack of dumbbells
- The functional rig area is complemented with a detachable punch bag
- The CV areas are focused into the central space and the space at the far left of the fitness suite as you enter, with the dividing wall opened out to allow more light in. 2 more Watt bikes are provided (4 in total now) and 2 Concept2 SkiErg machines installed, enabling cross country ski style functionality. We've also added another bike, treadmill and cross trainer.
- The far right hand side room of the fitness suite is allocated to resistance machinery and a new stretching space created.
- Fully equipped fitness suite
- Health suite
- Swimming pool
- Multi purpose sports hall *
- Climbing wall
- Tennis courts
- Meeting rooms of various sizes
- Changing Places facility