Leisure services update
We have been delighted to welcome people back into our facilities since April. The health and safety of customers and staff will continue to be our absolute priority. Please see below for latest information on the measures in place, services available and facilities open. There is also information available on online booking.
For reopening details of leisure centres managed by Places Leisure please visit their website.
Leisure centres latest - from Monday 19 July
Following the latest updates to COVID-19 guidelines from government, and the confirmation of the upcoming move to step 4 of their roadmap, there will be some changes that you'll see in leisure centres from Monday 19 July.
The safety of our staff and customers has always been the biggest priority and this will continue to be the case; screens will remain in place on reception desks and our staff will be expected to wear face coverings when moving around the facility.
Our teams will continue with their enhanced cleaning regime throughout the facility and we request all customers to do the same. We'd like to thank you all for your commitment and understanding in keeping gym equipment clean to date.
Please continue to use the QR code posters to check in to the building on arrival as this will support test and trace.
- We will continue to expect customers and staff to respect individual personal space and encourage a 1 metre social distance from others when using the centre.
- We will increase our capacities in particular sessions, notably group exercise classes. These will not be raised to maximum just yet so there will still be more space than normal.
- One way systems in our leisure centres will be removed and you will be able to use the entrance as an exit as per normal.
- We will re-open changing rooms and showers so these will be available to you prior to, and after, your activity. Wet change showers will now be available at all centres after your swim also.
- Health suites and saunas will be made available for use again.
- Some facilities may have maximum advised capacities in place which we would encourage you to respect.
- We encourage you to wear face coverings while you're moving around the centre, and while spectating swim school sessions. We appreciate your support with this. Staff will continue to wear a face covering when moving around the building too.
Hand washing and sanitisation
- These facilities will still be available and we would encourage you to use them when you can.
- We would encourage all users of the centre to continue to adhere to good hygiene guidelines by washing your hands thoroughly on a regular basis.
- More gym equipment will be brought back into use and any zones removed. Cardio equipment, where possible, will be adjusted to help encourage 1m social distancing.
- Gym sessions do not now need to be pre-booked. You can visit the gym, as a member, at any point during our opening hours. Please note that last admission is 30 minutes before close. Capacities in fitness suites will continue to be monitored.
- Some junior gym sessions will remain as bookable sessions to help with management of numbers. This will apply at Marlborough Leisure Centre, Calne Community Campus, Springfield Community Campus and The Vale Community Campus. Please note that juniors may attend the gym at any time, if they are a member, and are accompanied by a responsible adult who has had a gym induction.
Group exercise classes
- Indoor group exercise classes are available at most centres and are available to book online - class capacities will still be reduced from normal.
- Our swimming pool programme will remain in place as it is until Sunday 25 July at all centres, with sessions continuing to be bookable.
- Lane and session capacities will increase slightly from Monday 19 July but still not to our maximum level.
- We would continue to advise you to come dressed ready to swim, although changing rooms and lockers will be available for your use, before and after your swim, if you would prefer.
- Our timetables will then change from Monday 26 July for the summer holidays. Some sessions will continue to be bookable at this point as it has proven to be a good way of managing numbers and ensuring that people don't miss out on sessions they wish to attend.
Book online now for swimming and group exercise classes
- Arrival for lessons, and collection by your teacher, from Monday 19 July, will vary centre by centre. These details will be made available to you by your centre.
- We continue to advise that children come dressed ready to swim until further notice. Changing rooms will be available, but this system will help to encourage social distancing, and it has simplified the flow of children into lessons since we reopened.
- Watching swim lessons
- Please feel free to come in and watch your son or daughter swim from our viewing galleries, where available.
- There may be advised capacities in some viewing areas where there is a smaller space.
- We encourage spectators to continue to wear face coverings in these locations
- All centres will work towards having badminton and squash courts, where available, bookable online.
- These will appear in the 'Activities' filter of the home page when you log on.
- We are awaiting NGB guidance for other sporting activities including 5 a side football and will publish on the website once this is known
- All other services are not available at this time, including birthday parties, crèches and cafés where applicable.
If you, or any member of your household, has symptoms; a high temperature, a new continuous cough and / or a loss of taste or smell, please do not visit the leisure centre. You must self-isolate and follow guidance on how to get a test.
- Please do not come to the centre if you, or anyone in your household, are feeling unwell, or have recently had any symptoms of COVID-19, as per government guidelines. Follow government guidance on how to get a test and self isolate.
- During your visit to us, we ask that you continue to respect all staff and other customers, adhere to social distancing guidelines and be responsible for ensuring that you clean the equipment that you use while at the centre. Cleaning and sanitisation products will be available to you in all areas.
- Please wipe down equipment before and after use in the gym
Leisure centre reopening - opening hours
|Leisure Centre||Monday to Friday||Weekend|
|Amesbury Sports and Community Centre||9.30am - 6pm||9am - 1pm|
|Calne Community Campus||6.30am - 9pm||Saturday: 8am - 4pm, Sunday: 8am - 6pm|
|Devizes Leisure Centre||7am - 8pm||Saturday: 8am - 3pm, Sunday: 9am - 5pm|
|Durrington Swimming and Fitness Centre||various through the week - see Durrington homepage for details||8am - 2pm|
|Five Rivers Health and Wellbeing Centre, Salisbury||6am - 9pm||Saturday: 8am - 3pm, Sunday: 8am - 5pm|
|Marlborough Leisure Centre||7am - 8pm||8am - 5pm|
|Nadder Centre||1pm - 9pm||8am - 2pm|
|Springfield Community Centre, Corsham||Monday - Thursday: 7am - 10pm, Friday: 7am - 8pm||Saturday: 8am - 3pm, Sunday: 8am - 6pm|
|The Vale Community Campus, Pewsey||7am - 9pm||Saturday: 8am - 3pm, Sunday: 9am - 3pm|
|Tidworth Leisure Centre||12 noon - 8.30pm||8am - 2pm|
Online booking of activities
All sessions must be pre-booked to help us manage numbers.
Registering for an online account
- If you have not registered to book online you will need your leisure card number, postcode, date of birth and your email address. Once registered, you'll receive an activation email and you can then log on and book your activities.
How to book
- If you have a registered account then you can simply log on, click into 'classes' for gym, swim and group exercise classes or 'activities' for racket sports, choose the leisure centre you wish to use and the date.
- Select the session you wish to book and follow the steps to complete your transaction. There is a step by step guide below.
- Members may add a non-member to their booking - please see the step by step guide for further details.
- Online booking is available for non-members up to 2 days in advance. You will need to provide your details during the booking process to complete the booking - please see the step by step guide below for information. Please note - gym sessions will be viewable in search, but gym bookings by non-members is not allowed.
- If you are not intending to use a booking you have made, please cancel this as soon as possible to allow someone else to have this space.
- Zero cost bookings can be cancelled online, pay as you go bookings must be cancelled over the phone in order to be reimbursed.
- Further details on our no show policy can be found here.
We have been asked by the government to collect details and maintain records of staff, customers and visitors on the premises to support NHS Test and Trace. We will keep a secure record of customers name, when they arrive/leave, what they are attending the centre for i.e. what activity or who they are here to see and a contact for them.
This information will be recorded within our booking system for those attending activities that are bookable. We will normally destroy information held in relation to Test and Trace after 21 days, as recommended by the Government. However as this is the same information already held for other purposes, it will continue to be retained and used for those purposes.
This information will only be passed on to contract tracers upon request and will not be used for any other purpose.
We are encouraging everyone who comes to our buildings to share this information with us, but it is not compulsory. If you chose to not provide this data please notify us and we will record your visit omitting your name and contact.
Resources to support physical and mental health
There has never been a better time to start a new hobby, try something new, start a more active routine at home, learn something different or do something you've always wanted to do. There are a whole range of resources and information on a wide variety of subjects in our Active Communities resources.
Visit the Contact leisure services page for leisure centre contact details.