Durrington fitness timetable
Latest news - November 2020
Following the latest government announcement of further national restrictions being introduced from Thursday (5 November), including gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools, Wiltshire Council's leisure centres, and those operated by Places Leisure, will close from Thursday 5 November.
We will follow the government's updates closely and hope to be able to reopen as soon as we're allowed to do so. Full details are available here.
During lockdown we will be delivering up 30 online classes per week which you can access for free here
Book your group exercise classes or court hire online, for a quicker, more accessible booking method. You will need to be a member and have your leisure card number to create an online account to make bookings.
Don't miss out on your favourite spot
Make sure that you arrive early for classes to ensure entry and also to get your favourite place in the studio!
Entry to classes after the advertised start time is not permitted due to the risk of injury and also as respect to the instructor and other class participants.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Health and fitness class types
- CD: Cardio class - designed to raise your heart rate and maximise calorie loss.
- ST: Strengthening and toning classes - to intensify muscle workout focusing on toning, muscle definition, strength and endurance.
- FR: Flexibility and relaxation classes - to relax the body and mind focusing on your core, balance and flexibility.
- SH: Specialist health classes - specifically for health intervention and may require a referral.
- AB: All over body workout classes - a combination of calorie crunching, muscle toning, strength and stamina.
- WB: Water based exercise - low impact classes in the pool to maintain and improve stamina, strength, suppleness and to increase cardiovascular fitness.
- AP: Active plus classes
Juniors attending group exercise classes
Juniors, aged 14 and 15, may attend group exercise classes when accompanied by a responsible adult (aged 16 plus) but are not able to attend the following classes: GRIT plyo and strength, HIIT, Circuits, Body Pump / Ultimate Pump, Kettlebells, Aerotone, LBT, 20:20:20, Boot Camp. This is due to these classes containing weight bearing elements.
Active Health classes
We offer a range of specialist classes, including Falls Prevention, Exercise after Stroke, Cardiac Rehab, Active Health circuits and Active Health aqua, for those people referred by a GP or healthcare specialist into physical activity. More information on this programme and the classes available can be found on GP referral.