About the physical activity referral programme
A physical activity referral is an exercise programme that your GP or healthcare professional can refer you to at your local leisure centre - an Active Health membership includes an initial consultation where a trained exercise professional will tailor a programme to your needs, to help you become more active.
- you will receive a one-to-one consultation initially, followed by regular email or telephone contact and reviews at both six and 12 weeks
- we will work with you to set goals and monitor progress to help you get the best from your chosen activity
- after your 12 week review we will encourage you to exercise independently but you will still benefit from the concessionary pricing structure
- throughout the programme, activities within our leisure centres will be charged at a concessionary rate
Specialist classes available through Active Health
The benefits of Active Health
A physical activity referral will benefit you if you currently undertake no or very little physical activity.
Benefits reported by clients who have completed the 12 week programme:
- weight loss or shape change
- improved overall health and wellbeing
- improved sleep and reduced stress
- improved mood
- improved mobility and ability to enjoy life more
- increased fitness and energy levels
- reduced blood pressure and/or cholesterol levels
- improved confidence
- reduction in visits to GP
Testimonials from Active Health clients:
I have noticed my joints are more mobile. The class has motivated me to do more exercise and try to delay or avoid surgery
I am a much fitter and happier person. The staff are amazing and understand my needs.
Still have a question? For further guidance you can either check the frequently asked questions below, contact the local Hub coordinator (details below) or email@example.com
Active Health is managed by our four local area Hub coordinators:
North Wiltshire: Kate Murphy 07554243689 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Wiltshire: Sally Phillips 07799 074312 or email@example.com
South Wiltshire: Christopher Hanlon 07824 335780 or firstname.lastname@example.org.