Following the government's announcement that leisure centres can reopen after the November lockdown, we are pleased to say that all swim schools will restart from Thursday 3 December. This includes lessons at Five Rivers Health and Wellbeing Centre, Springfield Community Campus, Devizes Leisure Centre, Durrington Swimming Pool, The Vale Community Campus, Tidworth Leisure Centre, Marlborough Leisure Centre and Calne Community Campus.
If your lesson had resumed prior to lockdown then it will restart again from Thursday on the same day and time as it was pre-lockdown. Other classes, which had not re-started prior to lockdown, will not restart immediately in December and we hope to start these as soon as possible afterwards.
Lessons at Calne will start as per the information we sent out previously in early November before lockdown happened.
We will maintain the COVID-19 measures we had implemented prior to the lockdown and these are summarised below.
- Please bring your child to their lesson ready dressed to swim with their costume on under their outdoor clothes
- Changing rooms will not be available on your way in but will be available for you to quickly dry your child after the lesson
- Please arrive for lessons approximately 5-10 minutes before your lesson is due to start
- Our new concierge service will show you into the pool area - this may be through a new entrance to what you are used to
- Teachers are unable to help with hats and goggles - please make sure you help your child with these before the lesson
- Only one adult may accompany each child under 8 to their lesson
- Please wear face coverings in spectator areas
Frequently Asked Questions -
If you are unsure about what to expect from our swimming lessons there is a helpful video that can be found here.
Test and Trace
We have been asked by the government to collect details and maintain records of staff, customers and visitors on the premises to support NHS Test and Trace. We will keep a secure record of customers name, when they arrive/leave, what they are attending the centre for i.e. what activity or who they are here to see and a contact for them.
This information will be recorded within our booking system for those attending activities that are bookable. We will normally destroy information held in relation to Test and Trace after 21 days, as recommended by the Government. However as this is the same information already held for other purposes, it will continue to be retained and used for those purposes.
This information will only be passed on to contract tracers upon request and will not be used for any other purpose.
We are encouraging everyone who comes to our buildings to share this information with us, but it is not compulsory. If you chose to not provide this data please notify us and we will record your visit omitting your name and contact.
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to get back to providing safe and enjoyable lessons for your children.
Aqualetes swim school
Swimming is a great form of all-round exercise. Regular swimming can reduce the risk of chronic illnesses, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes and stroke. It can also boost your mood and keep your weight under control.
Aqualetes is available at eight swimming pools run by Wiltshire Council and follows Swim England's Learn to Swim pathway helping to create happy, healthy and safe swimmers.
- Swimming lessons for all ages
- Swim school runs for 50 weeks with a break over Christmas
- We don't have set lesson terms or a re-enrolment process
- Refer to Swim school stages or contact reception for further information
Swim School is available at:
- £24.60 per month for 30 minute lesson (£19 per month for concessions)
- £46.40 per month for 60 minute lesson (£35 per month for concessions)
- Note that there will be no charge for your child's new or renewal leisure card whilst on the direct debit scheme
- To ensure that the direct debit payment is correct, you must ensure that your child's Leisurecard is renewed annually for full members, or every six months for concessions
- There is a £20 admin fee charge for all new direct debit set ups
- Take advantage of the simple direct debit scheme, and receive two weeks free per year!
- In addition to that, while your child maintains their place on the swim school they will receive free public swimming at all Wiltshire Council leisure centres
- Once your child's instructor confirms that your child has completed all aspects of their current stage, the swim lesson co-coordinator will contact you to arrange a move to the next stage
- If there are no spaces on the next stage, your child will keep their place on their existing class and the instructor will adapt the lesson to accommodate them
- Your child will be put on the waiting list for that stage and will receive priority over new customers
- You may request a written progress report directly from your child's instructor at any point throughout the year and as often as you like
- Your instructor will then have the report ready for you the following week
- Jobseekers Allowance
- Income support
- Working tax credit
- Incapacity benefit or disability allowance
- Housing or council tax benefit
Or you are:
- A full time student over the age of 18
- A dependent under 16 years old of someone in receipt of:
- Income support
- Working tax credit
- Housing benefit
- Council tax benefit
- Registered as disabled
- You will be required to apply for a leisurecard membership card in order to claim your discounts
- Contact reception for more details
- You will be required to show evidence supporting your application
- Refunds aren't usually given.
- For extreme circumstances see the refund policy at reception.
- We offer a range of relaxed classes for the complete beginner to those wanting to improve their strokes
- Contact reception to find out more information
- Contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speak to reception staff in your local centre who will do their best to answer any queries
- Reception will pass on your detail to the swim school co-coordinator who will contact you as soon as they can
Home portal allows parents to manage their lessons online and be kept informed of their progress. With home portal, you can view assessments, achievements and a detailed analysis of progress.
All children are assessed on a continuous basis and once the appropriate criteria has been passed, teachers will request for your child to be moved up. Parents will receive notification via email when their child has passed a stage and is ready to progress to the next stage. At this point, parents can view all available spaces and pick the most convenient via home portal.
Home portal is currently only available for users of Calne Leisure Centre. Go to Home portal to register and get started.
Home portal is currently only available to users of Calne Leisure Centre.
To register you will be asked to:
- Answer security questions
- Set up password and read the terms and conditions
- Enter your child's card number. You can register more than one child on the same account.
- Add additional children if required
- You'll be sent an email to complete the registration.
Once you've activated the account and logged on you'll be able to:
- View an overview of your children
- View any badges awarded and history of achievements
- View assessments and detailed analysis of progress
- Add more children to the account
A downloadable version of this guide, with screenshots, is available in the downloads area of this page.
Aqualetes has been excellent. Liam really enjoys it, he loves swimming and Aqualetes has been his favourite club. He really liked Jan, his first tutor and Janice his current one. Liam is quite shy but the tutors have all been kind and supportive. The children all seem attentive and well behaved, which shows they must find the lessons engaging and interesting. He did an intensive breaststroke course during the holidays when he was 7 and it helped his technique immensely. As a parent it is good knowing your child is a strong swimmer.
Thanks to all the team - the children have loved their lessons over the years and have progressed amazingly well!
I would recommend to any parent the Aqualetes programme, it has been worth every penny.
Intensives swimming lessons
Intensive swimming lessons are a great way to introduce your child to swimming lessons, allowing them to gain water confidence and develop new skills, and are usually delivered in school holiday periods.
Intensives are also a great addition to weekly swimming lessons, facilitating your child's progression, enabling them to practise the required skills and swimming techniques necessary to complete their current stage.
Our next Intensives swimming lessons will be confirmed shortly and information posted here.