eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines
Wiltshire library members can checkout eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines by logging in to the Libby app and website with a valid library card number and PIN.
Not yet a member? Find out how to join by visiting the Join the library page.
If you need a PIN reminder, visit the library catalogue and select Forgot PIN? at the bottom of the Login box.
To read our eBooks and eMagazines and listen to our eAudiobooks on tablets and smart phones, you need:
- the Libby app (Amazon Kindle Fire tablet users can download it from the Amazon Appstore)
- a Wiltshire library card number and PIN
To read our eBooks on your eReader, you need:
- an Internet-connected computer
- a Wiltshire library card number and PIN (login to libbyapp.com)
- Adobe Digital Editions for Mac or PC
Many newer Kobo eReader models include built-in OverDrive support, which lets you add your library card and read eBooks directly on your Kobo eReader.
If you have any questions about the service try our eBook, eAudiobooks and eMagazine FAQs, Libby Help categories, watch the videos in our Wiltshire Libraries online resources playlist on YouTube or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- borrow up to 10 eBooks and eAudiobooks at a time for free
- they can be borrowed for up to 21 days and can be returned early
- they will automatically expire at the end of the loan period, so no need to worry about overdue charges
- reserve up to 3 titles at a time for free
- unfortunately, this service is not available on Amazon Kindle eReaders, except the Kindle Fire tablet
- the text in eBooks can be enlarged on most devices so all titles can be read in large print
- checkout as many eMagazines as you wish for free
- they can be borrowed for up to 21 days and will automatically expire at the end of this loan period. You will have the option to renew the magazine within 3 days of the end of the loan period
OverDrive app discontinued
Since February 2022, it has not been possible to download the original OverDrive app from the Apple App Store, Google Play and Microsoft Store. From 7 June 2023, it will no longer be possible to download it from the Amazon Appstore.