Join the library
COVID-19 update: If you would like to join the library, you can join the library online or call one of our order and collect libraries.
You can join the library at any age and membership is free. You will be able to use your library card at any Wiltshire library, mobile library and for our eBooks, Audio and eMagazines and other online resources too.
We can also offer membership to:
- Out of school clubs
- People with no fixed abode
- Reading groups
- Visually impaired people
What you will need
- Proof of your name and address (e.g. allowance book, bank / building society statement, driving licence or official bill / invoice). If you have no fixed abode, we will need to see proof of your name.
- If you have no proof of ID with you we can give you limited membership straight away.
- Young people under 16 will need to come in with their parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian will need to bring proof of their own address as listed above.
- If you are housebound please contact your local library who will make arrangements for you to become a member, and can tell you about our home service.
- Visitors to Wiltshire can become temporary members free of charge on presentation of their home library card or proof of address.
You can join the library online and access our eBooks, eAudio and eMagazines and other online resources. A physical library card should then be collected from your local library when you are next able to visit. You will need to bring proof of your name and address. This will enable you to borrow our physical stock and use the public computers in the library.