Join the library
You can join the library at any age and membership is free. You will be able to use your library card at any Wiltshire library or mobile library. You can also use it for our eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines and other online resources too.
Library members can:
- Borrow up to 12 books or audiobooks
- Borrow items for three weeks
- Renew an item up to four times as long as another customer hasn't reserved it. Renewals can be made by logging in to the Library catalogue, using the Solus library app or by calling the library. You can download the Solus library app from the App Store or Google Play store. The Location ID is WILTS
- Reserve items via the Library catalogue, the Solus library app or by asking staff. Reservation charges apply for adult items
- Use the library computers and scanners. Printing is available for a small charge.
Information about joining and using the library is also available in Ukrainian.
Memberships are also available for:
- Out of school clubs
- People with no fixed abode
- Reading groups
- Visually impaired people
What you will need
- Proof of your name and address (e.g. allowance book, bank / building society statement, driving licence or official bill / invoice). If you have no fixed abode, we will need to see proof of your name.
- If you have no proof of ID with you we can give you limited membership straight away.
- Young people under 16 will need to come in with their parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian will need to bring proof of their own address as listed above.
- If you are housebound please contact your local library who will make arrangements for you to become a member, and can tell you about our home service.
- Visitors to Wiltshire can become temporary members free of charge on presentation of their home library card or proof of address.
You can join the library online and receive a temporary library card number which will allow you to place requests on our physical stock on the Library catalogue before visiting the library to collect your card. You will need to bring proof of your name and address when you visit the library to complete your membership and collect your card. When you have collected your card, you will be able to borrow our physical stock, use the public computers in the library and access our online resources, including our eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines.
If you are unable to visit the library at the moment and wish to access our online resources, please join the library online and then email your temporary library card number to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a library card number that can be used to access our online resources until you are able to visit the library. You will then have 3 months to complete your registration and collect your library card from your local library. For library opening times and contact details, visit the Library locations, opening times and mobile libraries page.