Libraries news updates
Wiltshire Libraries are working with the Good Things Foundation to distribute free SIMs and mobile data to people in need. The National Databank scheme is supported by UK mobile networks including Vodafone, O2 and Three.
The free SIMs and mobile data will be available from Chippenham, Devizes, Salisbury, Trowbridge and Warminster libraries from Monday 30 January 2023.
To be able to access the National Databank you must be 18+ years old and from a low-income household. One or more of the following must also be true:
- you have no or poor access to the internet at home
- you have no or poor access to the internet away from home
- you can't afford your existing monthly contract or top-up
Libraries in Wiltshire are extending a warm welcome to all and providing a range of help, support, advice and comfort to people who may be struggling, or want tips to help with the rising cost of living.
Wiltshire libraries are offering:
- a free space to sit, stay and take part in activities
- basic energy advice in all but our smallest libraries and referrals to the energy advisors atWarm and Safe Wiltshire
- signposting to community partners and agencies that can support you through the rising cost of living.
Our libraries also offer free access to books, newspapers, Wi-Fi, computers and digital support. For people who are housebound or who struggle to get to the library, libraries provide a home library service.