Toggle menu

Information for electors voting in the General Election 2024.

A UK parliamentary election has been called for 4 July 2024. Register to vote by midnight on 18 June 2024: GOV.UK: Register to vote. (opens new window) You can also vote by post: GOV.UK: apply to vote by post (opens new window). The deadline to apply is 5pm on 19 June 2024 or apply to vote by proxy by 5pm on 26 June 2024: GOV.UK: Apply to vote by proxy (opens new window)


Overseas electors may consider applying to vote by proxy. For more information see the General Election 2024 page.

Licence to store/sell explosives

Premises storing explosives (for example, fireworks and flares, air bag inflators) are required to hold a storage licence.

This also allows fireworks to be sold during the four seasonal occasions:

  • 15 October to 10 November inclusive
  • 26 December to 31 December inclusive
  • on the 1st day of the Chinese New Year and the 3 days immediately preceding it
  • on the day of Diwali and the 3 days immediately preceding it

To sell fireworks all year round a further £500 fireworks suppliers licence is required.

In Wiltshire, the Public Protection Service is responsible for enforcing regulations on consumer safety and age of purchase. These areas are covered by the The Pyrotechnic Articles (Safety) Regulations 2015 (opens new window) and the The Fireworks Regulations 2004 (opens new window). See also 'Age-restricted products'.

It is your responsibility to keep within the law and not supply fireworks to those under the minimum legal age.  In order to keep within the law and therefore satisfy the legal defences, you should introduce an age verification policy and have effective systems to prevent an underage supply. These systems should be regularly monitored and updated as necessary to identify and put right any problems or weaknesses, or to keep pace with any advances in technology.

Further guidance is available from: Business Companion: Fireworks Age Restrictions (opens new window)

Application forms

Download, complete and return the relevant application forms together with the fees.

Only persons with "fixed" premises can be registered or licensed, so fireworks cannot be sold at market stalls, car boot sales or other temporary sales points.

Apply for all year round firework sales (PDF) [129KB] (opens new window)

Apply to store up to 250kg of explosives (PDF) [186KB] (opens new window)

Apply to store up to 2000kg of explosives (PDF) [201KB] (opens new window)

If you are unable to download this application form/document or require a paper version please contact us on 0300 456 0107 or email at (opens new window) and we will  contact you to assist you with your application.

Further information

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email