Local offer notice

Our Local Offer website pages have moved to a secure and more accessible platform.
Read more about Redevelopment details
  1. Pay
  2. Report
  3. Apply

Mediation and appeals

Mediation aims to help resolve disagreements for children or young people who are being assessed for or who have a My Plan (EHC plan).

Disagreement resolution arrangements are available for parents of all children and young people with SEN (not just for those who are being assessed for or have a My Plan), where it has not been possible to resolve issues through normal routes such as a school or college complaints process.

Mediation and disagreement resolution meetings aim to resolve any disagreements in a quick, informal way using a third party mediator to help reach a satisfactory resolution.