1. Pay
  2. Report
  3. Apply

Social care

Most children and young people with special needs and/or disabilities will use the services that are there for everyone in the community, for example children's centres, leisure centres, doctors, etc. These are known as Universal Services.

A small number of children and young people, whose circumstances are complex and who may not be able to live at home without special support, will require assessment by the social care teams. Where children and young people are assessed as needing social care services, families may choose to have a direct payment to arrange their own support.

Quick Links